The Asst. Manager works closely with the gym manager to ensure the needs of the staff, customers, and the facility are met. The primary purpose of this role is to support the gym manager in running the facility and managing staff. A successful AM will understand the bigger picture of what a facility and staff need for a gym to thrive and will translate this perspective to action and follow through of details.
The Asst. Manager will have a hands-on role managing Front Desk operations as well as working closely with the gym manager to ensure smooth operation of the facility. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, the Asst. Manager will work on a variety of projects with the Gym Manager and other management staff including creation of the Front Desk schedule, special event management, and member communication.
• Recruit and Train new Front Counter Staff.
• Act as gym manager when he/she is away.
• Collaborate with Personnel Director on scheduling and staffing needs.
• Ensure gym is stocked with all items needed to run smoothly including office, janitorial and gym use supplies, food/beverage inventory.
• Work with Facilities director to ensure facility is serviced and maintained.
• Respond to customer inquiries and feedback.
• Drive retail sales by maintaining and updating and monitoring sale trends.