In addition to writing, editing and proofreading content, this position will also work closely with contract key partners to collaborate and deliver high-quality content. This person will also optimize copy and landing pages for search engine optimization. They will perform ongoing keyword research, including discover and expansion of keyword opportunities. They will research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success. As social media manager, they will build and execute a social media strategy through competitive and audience research. They will set up and optimize company pages within each social media platform.
Create, develop, edit, proofread, and manage content for CEENTA, including:
• Blog posts
• Website content: physician, location, condition pages, etc., while ensuring SEO needs are met
• Key marketing collateral and brochures
• Patient email messaging
• OD email messaging
• Company newsletters
• Press releases
• On-hold messages
• News service features and partnerships
• Video scripts
• External content—partnerships, guest blogging, etc.
• Work closely with: Graphics Design team member to ensure all content has appropriate graphics, photos and page design
• Conduct customer interviews to write patient testimonials
• Maintain a consistent voice for all internal and external content
• Research media coverage and industry trends while conducting extensive media outreach
• Respond to requests for information from the media or designate an appropriate spokesperson or information source
• Work cooperatively with key partners, including but not limited to media partners, advertising third parties, and SEO consultants, to ensure creative and timely content exchange
• Coordinate distribution of content to media outlets
• Schedule physicians for all paid media appearances, including but not limited to television and podcasts
• Schedule and attend internal video shoots with video producer and on-screen talent
• Create and post content for social media outlets, including but not limited to Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn
• Develop and maintain a social media publishing schedule across all platforms
• Monitor social media and ensure all outside comments on our page meet quality standards
• Enter meta information on all web pages to ensure the CEENTA site’s prominence on search engines
• Monitor changing trends in search engine optimization globally and update our site as necessary
• Submit company or individuals for awards
• Attend bi-monthly evening marketing committee meetings and take minutes
Skills and abilities:
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Word and Outlook
• Proficiency with social media, particularly Facebook and Instagram
• Proficiency with SEO
• An understanding of CMS
• The ability to communicate professionally (written and verbal)
• The ability to write both in AP style and more conversationally
• Marketing knowledge
• Planning and organizing
Given the wide range of responsibilities this position covers, anyone new would need a minimum of six months to get an adequate handle on every aspect. In addition to training through doing the actual job, this person would need to go to at least three or four practices to meet some of the managers and providers they would work with regularly. They would also benefit from online classes, such as those offered on LinkedIn, to learn some of the fundamentals.
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the wellbeing of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A.
This position helps the CEENTA mission by providing education and information about the services we provide and conditions we treat to residents within and without the Charlotte region. Using all avenues – print, the web, and social media – the message this person spreads must not only be appropriate, professional, and medically accurate, but it must also have a greater position in the public eye than those of our competitors.
Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, or related field required,
Three to five years of related experience required. Healthcare industry experience preferred.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Copywriter reports to the Marketing Director. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position type and expected hours of work:
This is a full-time position. This person works during standard operating hours, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional work outside this period may be required.
This position is eligible, under the manager’s discretion, for telecommuting to employees in good standing and who have demonstrated they can perform their duties responsibly and with minimal oversight.
Physical and mental requirements:
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires sitting at a desk for most of the day. They will need a range of motion to use both a keyboard and mouse.
This person must be a creative thinker who can work well under pressure, sometimes on projects with a very short turnaround. They must be flexible enough to take on new assignments that are related to their daily responsibilities. They must be a good team player who works well with others, but who is also comfortable working by themselves.
Occasional travel to other practices or off-site media partners is required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition to those essential functions identified above, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned. CEENTA retains the discretion to ad or change the essential job functions of this position at any time without notice.
A typical day in the position:
• This person will research information and write blogs based on that information before sending them to physicians for review.
• They will post approved blogs on the web site and cross-post them to CEENTA’s social media outlets.
• They will work with the graphic designer on ad ideas and write copy before the graphic designer creates the visual elements.
• They will review the web site and update search engine optimization requirements as necessary.
• They will have regularly-scheduled meetings with vendors and other third-party partners.
• They will monitor comments on our social media posts, will remove offensive content, and will refer questions to the appropriate party when necessary.
• They will post ads and paid posts on social media, ensuring the correct audience is targeted and the posts will not be flagged for unapproved content.
• They will perform competitive analysis on other social media feeds.
• They will perform a rotating series of other regular activities, including calling patients for testimonials and coordinating provider television appearances.