California Closets is the North American Leader in the “Custom Storage” category. We design, manufacture and install organizational systems for our client’s homes. This includes closets, home offices, garages, laundry rooms, media centers, pantries, etc. We are a 40-year old company that prides itself on being the best in the marketplace.
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for ordering, tracking and managing special orders, and stock inventory for the company, while serving as the point person for all vendor relationships. The position requires a profound attention to detail and ability to manage multiple suppliers in a fast-paced environment.
• Act as a primary point person for all vendors and staff in regard to purchasing materials/products for the completion of installation.
• Use CC Dashboard for all communication notes in regards to orders and tracking.
• Place orders according to items listed in Special Orders tab ensuring MOQ and qualify for no cost shipping when available.
• Manage wood inventory to ensure sufficient inventory for jobs to be cut weekly.
• Create systems that can be maintained for inventory control and accurate receiving of materials.
• Check jobs 7 days prior to install to ensure all materials/products are on track in time for install.
• Requires 2+ years of prior experience in purchasing and/or inventory management
• Excel experience is a must
• Strong listening and interpersonal skills.
• Profound attention to detail.
• Smart, optimistic, and will always “find a way”.
• A growth mindset of continuous improvement.
This job is ideal for someone who is:
• Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
• Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
• High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
• Subsidized Medical and Life insurance
• 401(k) plus company match
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discount
• Employee Referral Program