Manager, Total Rewards
The Total Rewards Manager manages the Company’s compensation, benefits and leaves of absence programs. This includes base and variable pay; health, welfare and retirement benefits; and rewards and recognition in support of attracting and retaining a high-performing, engaged workforce. The Manager supervises a Benefits and Leaves of Absence Administrator. This position will develop and implement the Company’s compensation program and philosophy.
Essential job functions:
• Manages and is responsible for the full administration and compliance of benefits and compensation plans including health, wellness, 401k, base compensation and incentive programs.
• Ensures compensation and benefits strategy alignment with company vision and supports the ability to attract, engage and retain top talent.
• Analyzes salary data, compensation/benefits market trends and competitive practices while making recommendations for individual/organizational adjustments, merit budgets, structure adjustments and incentive/equity levels.
• Maintains integrity of compensation and benefits information and workflows within the HRIS system.
• Partners with benefits broker and Leadership Team to assess the effectiveness of benefit programs and define the annual benefits strategy, including renewals, RFPs, vendor selection and contract negotiations.
• Oversees administration of and ensures compliance of LOA programs, including FMLA and the ADA interactive process for compliance and efficiency.
• Develops metrics to provide ongoing review of the effectiveness and utilization of compensation and benefits programs.
• Facilitates strong collaborative relationships with internal stakeholders, external consultants, vendors and other benefit/compensation service providers.
• Participates in applicable surveys, analyzes results and makes any applicable recommendations for changes to the CHRO and Leadership Team.
• Evaluates grade level structure for base, incentive and equity compensation on an annual basis.
• Advises on pay decisions, policies, guidelines interpretation, and job evaluation including the design of creative solutions to specific compensation opportunities.
• Develops specific and effective communication plans for both compensation and benefits (policy features, eligibility, enrollment).
• Develops benefit and wellness programs and communications to involve and educate participants and leads the Wellness Committee.
• Manages compensation and benefits costs within budget.
• Maintains in-depth knowledge of benefits and compensation law and legal requirements to ensure compliance (i.e., HIPAA, ACA, and other applicable laws while completing 5500s, annual 1095 forms, nondiscrimination testing).
• Ability to work on-site with predictable, reliable, and prompt attendance and ability to concentrate, multi-task and work at a high-pace while delivering proven results.
The above listing is representative of the position. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (up to 20 pounds).
Critical thinking, problem solving, evaluation and analytics, financial analysis and reconciliation, driven to succeed/results oriented, teamwork/collaboration, business/company acumen, project management, change management, negotiation skills, assessment skills
This position supervises the Benefits and Leaves of Absence Administrator.
Position type and expected hours of work:
Professional, salaried. Estimated fifty (50) hours weekly until major deliverables in place.
Education and experience:
• BA/BS degree in human resources, business or other related field required.
• 5+ years progressive experience in benefits administration, including self-insured health plans preferred.
• 3+ years experience in compensation program management.
• 2+ years experience in HR management.
• CCP and CEBS certification preferred.
• Proven competency in the development, implementation of compensation, benefits and leaves of absence programs. Ability to communicate details of benefits and compensation programs to all levels.
• Must have advanced Excel, analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret information and reconcile costs.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures/workflows.
• Must be detailed, highly organized, self-directed, goal and results driven, highly energetic, service-oriented, creative team member with the ability to multi-task and function effectively and independently in a fast-paced, dynamic organizational structure.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS.
• Must have the ability to translate and statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• In-depth knowledge of benefits and compensation theory and practice and knowledge of state and federal benefits/compensation laws and regulations required.
• Must uphold the highest level of confidentiality, discretion, and integrity.