Content Writer (Contract)
Jumbo builds live streaming platforms for our clients. Our tailor made platforms enable enterprise organizations to stream, upload, and host video content on a branded community hub. This allows our clients to own their audiences within the restrictions of billion-dollar social media corporations. Clients use Jumbo to digitally extend their summits, conferences, VIP experiences, and more. Learn more about us at https://www.jumbo.live.
• Black Lives Matter
• All gender and sexual identities are valid
• America is a country of immigrants
• Women’s rights are human rights
• All workers deserve to make at least a living wage
• Work-life balance is the cornerstone of joy
We are looking to supercharge our growth by growing Jumbo’s brand awareness.
For that, Jumbo is seeking a Content Writer (Contract) to play an integral role in our marketing team. The Content Writer will be responsible for owning the voice of Jumbo on the web, social media, and email by crafting content that is engaging, informative, high-converting, and most importantly, human. When clients encounter Jumbo for the first time, it will most often be through the words of the Content Writer.
This role starts part time for 20 hours per week, 12PM – 5PM Monday through Thursday. However, you will be considered an extension of the Jumbo team and attend our weekly all-hands meetings. Remote work is available, as is working from our office in the Lower South End neighborhood of Charlotte.
• Write engaging, well-researched blog posts aligned to SEO about the events and technology ecosystem.
• Write SEO landing pages for the Jumbo website highlighting our services and offerings.
• Write UX content and microcopy for our tools, products, and services.
• Produce high quality gated content such as ebooks, whitepapers, case studies, or larger content pieces.
• Make organic social media posts on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to place Jumbo firmly in the conversation surrounding events technologies.
• Produce a biweekly email newsletter to our subscriber base via our CRM system. Co-develop the newsletter in collaboration with the Director of Business Development.
• We are a startup, so your responsibilities may shift. We can foresee the role occasionally including light sales copy, or UX copy for a client.
• Detail oriented
• Quick learner
• Tech savvy
• Entrepreneurial mindset
Bachelor’s degree, or relevant experience. We consider relevant experience to be any role in which your chief responsibility was to write content that was customer or client facing.