Camp Counselor for 2 – 5 year olds
The Levine Jewish Community Center of Charlotte has immediate needs for multiple CAMP COUNSELORS for the Two to Five Year old age group.
This position is vital to the success and development of our camp attendees and camp success! Do you love being around little ones and helping them learn? If so, this job is for you! Come spend your summer on our incredible campus!
• To provide specialist teaching skills in specific program areas that enhance campers skill level.
• Participate in staff training prior to the beginning of the camp program
• Supervision of a camp group (groups vary in size)
• Supervise health, safety and activities of campers
• Develop, implement and supervise specialty program, including maintenance of specialty areas, ordering supplies as needed, accounting for inventory and writing a final report on program
• The teaching of all program skills taught during the specialist-led activity
• Prepare camper reports and records as required
• Participate in parent related program, e.g., “Meet the Counselor”, Friendship caravan, etc.
• Attend and contribute to weekly staff meetings
• Supervise, encourage and teach junior camp staff as assigned
• Meet with supervisor to evaluate self and camp program
• Any other responsibilities as assigned by Camp Director
• College Degree (preferred)
• Camping and/or leadership experience
• Good character and integrity
• Positive physical and mental health
• The desire to work with children in a day-camp setting
• Enthusiasm, sense of humor, and patience
• Ability to take guidance and supervision
• Activity skills and the ability to transmit/teach skills to campers
• Ability to relate to other counselors and children