Up-to-speed with the latest PR and social media marketing strategies?
Love maintaining and fostering relationships with clients, media, and influencers?
Great. Our team has an immediate need for someone like you.
We’re Social Ape Marketing, a Charlotte-based boutique marketing company specializing in marketing, social media, public relations, and influencer marketing. We have the unique need for a motivated and experienced individual to help our clients grow their businesses.
This role is a full-time position.
During your time with Social Ape, you’ll be developing and executing public relations, social media and influencer marketing campaigns for clients with the ultimate goal of increasing brand awareness and sales.
The ideal person will:
• Have experience creating successful and robust social media campaigns for clients
• Have established connections with Charlotte and/or regional media
• Be willing to push the envelope when creating media pitches and PR campaigns
• Have the drive to proactively reach out to and follow up with media and influencers
• Communicate well and often to clients as well as advise them on marketing strategy
• Listen to other team members and be empathetic to their needs
• Have an insatiable drive to grow and learn new concepts
• Have the ability to think outside the box and have a creative mindset
• Be able to quickly formulate creative customer solutions under pressure
• Meet deadlines on time and possess the ability to plan ahead, follow-through and stay organized
• Have a flexible schedule and be willing to work evenings or weekends as needed for client events
• Create weekly social media content calendars for Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Manage and post to client social media pages, including providing customer support
• Create graphic design pieces as needed for social media content
• Draft and distribute press releases, media alerts and pitches
• Pitch stories to print, online and broadcast and manage story opportunities and/or TV segments
• Facilitate influencer marketing strategies including identifying partnership opportunities, negotiating contracts and executing campaigns
• Create and execute PR plans including pitch ideas, social media engagement strategies and influencer marketing campaigns
• Track and manage tasks across accounts, including pulling monthly social media report
• Serve as the primary point of contact for clients and lead monthly status calls
• Leverage existing relationships with media and influencers as well as continue to create new relationships
• Occasionally draft blog posts for the Social Ape website and newsletter
• Provide status updates during weekly team meetings
• Track client news internally, including writing blurbs for the Social Ape newsletter
• Provide support when needed for Social Ape events and initiatives (pitching, researching sponsorship opportunities, coordinating logistics and materials, attending for on-site support)
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field
• At least 2 years of experience working in Public Relations, Marketing, Social Media or Communications
• Works well in a small group setting, as well as independently and remotely
• Proficiency with all major social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
• Experience with writing press releases, media alerts and other media materials
• Experience creating, posting and schduling social media content
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Google products
• Experience using Mailchimp
• Experience using Cision or Meltwater
Social Ape core values:
We expect Social Ape team members to live by the following Core Values in order to continue to grow personally and as a team, and also provide the highest quality of service to our clients.
1. Be Independent – No micromanaging here. We expect each team member
to do their own work without being reminded to do so
2. Clients are Partners – Instead of viewing our clients as just that, we
consider them partners and even sometimes as close friends
3. Always Anticipate – Get ahead of issues before they happen to prevent
larger problems down the road
4. Learning Never Stops – Continuing education is vital, whether it is within
Social Ape programs, or learning on your own time
5. Culture Always Wins – We work hard, but also like to have fun and make
work enjoyable each day
Why work at Social Ape?
• Work from home (flexible schedule once COVID restrictions are lifted)
• Flexible vacation schedule
• Great office location – Historic Dilworth!
• Quarterly team-building events (Who doesn’t love karaoke or escape rooms?!)
• Occasional team lunches and dinners
• Team March Madness outing each year
• Competitive pay
• Fun office culture within a fast-paced environment
• Benefits including healthcare and 401K
See the full job posting here: bit.ly/2RbAvjU
Please email your resume and cover letter to April Smith at email@example.com with “Communications Specialist 2021” in the subject line.
Please apply by June 18, 2021.
This position will begin around July 5, 2021