Xceleration, a significant player in the employee engagement space, provides incentive and recognition solutions to clients by combining the latest technology with our global expertise and years of industry experience. Xceleration has offices in Charlotte, NC, Atlanta, GA and New York, NY. We encourage you to spend some time on our full-featured website (www.xceleration.com) to learn more about us, the services we provide to our varied clients, and our company culture!
Xceleration is looking for an experienced Staff Accountant who will perform all aspects of general ledger accounting related activities. The Staff Accountant provides support to departmental activities with specific responsibilities for the processing, recording, updating and reconciling fiscal information in compliance with GAAP, established company policies and client contacts. These responsibilities may change as our team continues to grow and our client base changes.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Revenue Cycle Accounting: Calculate and prepare invoices for selected large clients, prepare supporting documentation on a monthly basis, manage outstanding AR to ensure timely payment from clients.
• Assist with the preparation of financial statements and supporting schedules according to deadlines.
• Maintain financial records analyzing the income statement, balance sheet and all general ledger accounts.
• Reconcile general and subsidiary bank accounts by gathering and balancing information.
• Maintain accounts payable ledgers and monitor P&L accounts to ensure correct coding of AP items to include establishing and maintaining vendor relationships.
• Provide financial status/information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
• Preparing and posting journal entries and assisting with the monthly close process.
• Reconciling assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis.
• Audit monthly invoices to ensure all billable items are invoiced per client contract terms.
• Perform profitability analysis for specific clients
• Provide critical data and analysis to executive management to support achievement of the company’s financial goals.
• Advance process improvement projects to drive efficiencies within the accounting team.
• Completing additional projects and ad hoc reporting as dictated by the needs of the business.
• Serve as a backup to other accounting team members as needed.
Credentials and experience:
• Highly detail oriented and organized; keeps an eye on the details and possesses a drive to “get it right”
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with a customer service focus
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
• Able to prioritize and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to work independently but always for the greater good of the company and the team
• Resourceful and self-motivated when it comes to solving problems
• Eager to learn new concepts, suggests, and make contributions to the growth of the company
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Able to travel up to 10% of the time to other company locations
• Embodies a positive, helpful attitude and is driven to provide exceptional support to internal clients
• Proven track record of being trusted with confidential information
• 3+ years accounting experience in a medium-to-large size company
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required to create reports, analysis and “presentation quality” materials for executive management.
• Knowledge of Quickbooks and Access preferred.