Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
Rack Room Shoes is looking for an experienced and knowledgeable SEO Manager to join our Digital Marketing Team. As SEO Manager, you will play a vital role in driving SEO initiatives to meet business goals and help drive eCommerce traffic. You will be an essential member of the Digital Marketing team, as we look to grow our visibility across channels. This role will focus on planning, implementing, executing, and managing the Rack Room Shoes overall SEO strategy and performance, while overseeing and guiding a team of copywriters. You’ll work closely with internal and external teams to implement best practices and provide strategic recommendations. The ideal candidate should have at least 3 years of hands-on SEO and eCommerce experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Provide keyword strategy and page optimization for the Rack Room Shoes website and brand landing pages.
• Identifying opportunities for new on-page content and features to increase traffic and performance
• Develop and determine the direction for the overall SEO strategy
• Oversee the measurement and tracking site ranking factors, keywords, internal and external links, and site content
• Monitor daily performance metrics to understand SEO performance and demonstrate improvement.
• Utilize search data to identify trends beyond organic search
• Serve as SEO subject matter expert for content writers, digital product, marketing, and technology teams
• Staying up to date on SEO trends, algorithms, and the ways industry trends impact our business
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
The preferred candidate must have following qualification to perform this job successfully.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or another relevant field
• 3+ years of experience and knowledge of SEO eCommerce best practices with a proven track record of delivering results
• Exceptional communication skills: ability to listen, present and sell your ideas
• Driven, organized, and self-directed
• Understanding of competitive trends in the ecommerce search space
• Ability to work with data to identify and quantify business impact and measure outcomes
• Understanding of product management and how to engage product owners to advance SEO goals
• Working knowledge of how other disciplines like User Experience, Information Architecture, and Content Management coincide with and affect SEO
• Excellent command of the English language
• Writing, editing, and proofreading experience
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent analytical, organizational, project management, and time management skills
• Knowledge and experience with web analytics platforms (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Google Search, etc.)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more)
Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rack Room Shoes follows applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.