Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers.
The User Experience (UX) Designer will collaborate with the user experience, engineering, and business teams to create top-notch customer-first digital product experiences for our websites, mobile apps, emails, internal apps, in-store displays, and future digital mediums.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Utilize design thinking to define and refine all aspects of end-user interactions between customers and our digital products.
• Collaborate with user experience, engineering, and business teams to maintain a high level of quality and consistency within our design system.
• Create sketches, diagrams, and wireframes, along with low-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes to propose and communicate ideas to team members.
• Work collaboratively with the user experience, engineering, and business teams to ensure design concepts support a delightful customer experience, meet business goals, and are technically feasible to implement.
• Develop well-defined user journey maps that define the experience for all potential paths and conditions that customers may encounter.
• Maintain data-driven user personas to better understand who our customers are and how to meet their goals.
• Review UI component design and experience implementation, throughout the design process, and before digital product deployments, to ensure that usability standards have been met.
• Ensure that our digital products offer an inclusive experience that conforms to accessibility standards and guidelines.
• Analyze platform specific KPIs and usability metrics across digital products to select user paths for improvement.
• Perform competitive analysis of digital product experiences to ensure they are market-fit and improve against competing experiences.
• Conduct user research along with usability tests to understand how customers interact with our digital products and improve the user experience.
• Use ideation to identify potential customer goals and design solutions.
• Keep track of the latest trends, tools, and patterns in UX design, within and outside of the retail industry.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Minimum 5 years of relevant experience with user experience design.
• Bachelor’s degree in design, human-computer interaction, user research, or other related fields preferred.
• Strong understanding of information architecture, user psychology, emotional design, interaction design, and visual design.
• Strong conceptual ability and expertise in layout, design, and creating design solutions within the constraints of common digital mediums.
• Strong understanding of user-centered design based on data-driven insights.
• Strong empathy with customers and their experiences.
• Strong problem-solving, creative, communication and negotiation skills.
• Hands on experience creating wireframes, mockups, prototypes, and process flows, to effectively communicate design concepts.
• Hands on experience building and maintaining design systems that support a range of digital products and mediums.
• Hands on experience defining personas and user journeys.
• Hands on experience conducting user research and usability testing.
• Proficiency using design/prototyping tools such as Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud products.
• Advanced knowledge of website/app structure and functionality, digital UI trends, related technologies, and their appropriate applications.
• Desire to explore customer experiences both in-person and online to inform the experience design process.
• Ability to maintain an overall vision and strategy for user experience design based on data-driven insights.
• Ability to work through fast-paced design iterations and receive constructive feedback.
• Ability to motivate, inspire, and influence others in the organization to engage with design thinking and user experience best practices.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and adapt to changing situation quickly.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member.
• Knowledge of retail industry to support experience design efforts.
• Self-motivated; able to prioritize workload and meet deadlines.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential function of this job. The primary location of this position is a typical office environment. However, the responsibilities may require being energetic, motivated, meetings, conferences and limited travel required.
• Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Safety Security: Employees must follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure an accident-free workplace.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: the employee must regularly require to lift and/or move up to 5-10lbs, sit and write to operate a computer and printer, fax machine, photocopier, calculator and use of telephone communication devices, kneel, crouch or crawl.
Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Rack Room Shoes follows applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.