Food Service Assistant
Myers Park Presbyterian Church is looking for a part-time Food Service Assistant to join our team this summer! Flexible weekday hours (16-20 hours per week). We would love for you to help us serve our community with your gifts and experience in the kitchen.
This position works under the direction of the Food Service Manager to facilitate food service activities for the Church.
Prefer Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts or related field and 1‐3 years of food prep and service work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. ServeSafe certification required within six months of hire.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Prepare and serve quality food in coordination with submitted menu requests under direction of the Food Service Manager
• Follow established food presentation guidelines
• Receive and stock vendor deliveries upon arrival
• Wash and maintain linens
• Ensure maintenance of food service equipment in compliance with quality standards and sanitation regulations
• Ensure organization and cleanliness of kitchen(s), storeroom and laundry room in compliance with quality standards and sanitation regulations
• Follow established guidelines for Food Services for the opening and closing of the kitchen(s)
• Take the lead and/or assist with setup of breakfast, lunches for staff and/or members, dinners, WDS lunches, and outside groups
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Demonstrated ability to operate commercial kitchen equipment
• Ability to work a flexible and fluctuating schedule that will include evenings and weekends
• Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
• Ability to effectively communicate through verbal, written and electronic means
• Demonstrate strong organizational skills
• Ability to follow direction and instruction
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a commitment to MPPC’s mission
Physical and mental demands:
• Physical demands include, but may not be limited to; regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms; frequently required to walk, talk, and or hear; occasionally required to sit, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; taste and smell; regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasional lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, color vision, depth perceptions and the ability to adjust focus.
• Mental demands include, but may not be limited to; general math functions, intermediate reading, advanced reasoning, advanced speaking ability and general writing ability.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat and cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, risk of electrical shock, risk of radiation, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or go to our website (myersparkpres.org) to apply.