Audio / Video Technician
Can you notch out low-end feedback before anyone else even hears it? Read the minds of on-stage performers? Excellent. Myers Park Presbyterian Church is hiring Audio/Visual Techs to produce weekend worship services. You’ll work with professional tech staff and a team of volunteers to mix, switch, record, and troubleshoot built-in and portable AV systems. A great day of work looks like perfectly timed cues, beautiful camera shots, not spilling coffee on expensive equipment, and facilitating a rich and meaningful worship experience.
• The Audio / Video Technician operates the sound and video systems for the Celebrate contemporary worship band and/or the traditional worship services. They must work with the band on stage, the worship leader, and the Technical Director to create a clean mix and clearly understood audio experience for those in attendance or worshiping online. They will also work with the band to set and strike on‐stage equipment, as well as with volunteers running the video equipment to ensure the technology for the worship services is working appropriately.
Must be available (schedules subject to change):
Sunday mornings (times vary depending on worship schedule)
• Memorial Day to Labor Day (currently from 7:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
• Labor Day to Memorial Day (currently from 6:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
• Sunday evening service coverage (5:00 p.m.)
• Evening rehearsal one day a week (usually Wednesday evening)
• Special Events as needed
• Skilled with analog and digital audio consoles in a production environment
• Knowledge of audio/visual equipment, including monitors, loudspeakers, various microphones and instruments
• Knowledge and experience with safe practices of audio equipment, including proper power sequencing.
• Understand the signal pathway for all inputs and the controls to manipulate the sound
• Ability to conduct a sound check quickly and effectively
• Attentive to detail, organized and good with time management
• Familiar with broadcast video equipment, ProPresenter 6, and Vista Lighting Software (preferred)
• Ability to teach volunteers to use equipment with grace and patience
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Set and strike stage equipment, including instruments, microphones, and monitors for rehearsals and Sunday morning worship services
• Perform a sound check and mix the sound according to the standards set by the Worship Leader and Technical Director
• Execute audio aspects for one or two Sunday morning worship services
• Answer any questions A/V volunteers have regarding worship technology in the absence of the Technical Director.
• Supervise and teach volunteers how to utilize equipment in a safe manner.
Physical and mental requirements:
• Physical requirements include but may not be limited to: keyboarding, operating a telephone, standing, walking, fine motor skills, and use of office equipment
• Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• Mental requirements include but may not be limited to: general math functions, intermediate reading, advanced reasoning, advanced speaking ability, and advanced writing ability.
• The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Qualified candidates please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org