Assistant Vice President, Communications
E4E Relief, established in 2014, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Foundation For The Carolinas and operates as a 501c3 charitable business solution. We empower companies and employees to respond to crisis by providing a global, charitable solution in times of need. A fundamental change in the way people think about the relationship between a company and its employees.
We partner with corporations nationwide and internationally to establish and administer disaster and hardship relief programs to assist their employees facing unexpected financial hardship. We pride ourselves in having a turnkey approach with an exceptional client experience from the moment they interact with E4E Relief. That is where you come in!
As we continue to scale, we are seeking a communications professional to join our marketing & communication efforts. Our growing organization is in need of a talented and experienced communications professional with strong B2B writing experience to craft and edit content for audiences ranging from prospects, clients, partners, board members and internal team members.
This role will help engage our primary audiences ranging from prospective clients, clients, partners and other key influencers in the market. You will generate, nurture and convert leads through informative and engaging content, develop meaningful communications and thought leadership to demonstrate E4E Relief’s expertise in the market.
The ideal candidate will be an expert storyteller, editor and proofreader choosing words that can showcase our charitable program’s value in a compelling way. The successful applicant will be a team player that’s ready to give and receive feedback. Preference given to candidates with track record for meeting deadlines and great at multi-tasking, as we balance multiple projects at once.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Create, edit and customize content for all our platforms, including our website, social media accounts, blogs, newsletters, collateral and leadership updates
• Develop content for team to pitch to third-party websites for publication on partner websites
• Protect and promote the E4E Relief brand elements, aligned with our growth efforts to reach current/future clients and employees
• Develop content and materials to educate and inspire our audience through client stories, case studies, thought leadership for our online presence (website, social media) partnership and sales efforts (conferences, webinars, executive speeches other speaking engagements)
• In coordination with team, develop and review client-facing content, communications, ensuring the E4E Relief tone of voice is consistently applied
• Perform research for blog posts, articles, guides and other content
• Work with the marketing team to analyze content performance metrics, such as click through rate and social following growth, and apply insights to improve existing content and develop better future content ideas
• Develop and manage media relationships and be point of contact
• Develop and execute crisis communications plan
• Support CEO Board communications for Board meetings, memos and updates
• Working with the HR dept., support internal communications to staff
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the position. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
• Bachelor’s Degree with 5+ years of in-house, agency or freelance B2B communications, journalism experience
• Professional demeanor, Exceptional written and verbal communication skill;
• PR experience
• Knowledgeable in SEO best practices
• Ability to work in a dynamic, start-up business environment
• Ability to research and learn about a wide range of topics (ex. ESG, corporate social responsibility/HR field topics, disaster philanthropy, impact outcomes)
• Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills
• Experience working with content management systems, Microsoft Office suite
• Strong organizational and time management skills with outstanding attention to detail
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines; must be goal driven
• General ability to perform the essential functions and overall physical and mental requirements of this position, including stamina to perform tasks over extended periods and ability to occasionally move about to accomplish tasks or move from one worksite and/or workstation to another
This role is in Charlotte, NC. While we are temporarily working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic, the position will require in-person presence in Charlotte.
Submit online application along with resume, cover letter and at least 2 writing samples.