Web Application Developer
Jackrabbit Technologies is the leading provider of software and services that help youth activity centers — gymnastics, dance, cheer, swim, music, childcare, and others — grow and operate efficiently. We are an entrepreneurial-minded, rapidly-growing SaaS company that has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work in North Carolina and one of North Carolina’s Top Industry-Driven Technology Companies. Jackrabbit Technologies’ SaaS solution powers over 6000 clients in 28 countries around the world.
Our culture empowers YOU.
We hire people passionate about what they do, provide them with the tools to succeed, and then get out of their way! Living our vision, mission, and values, our people are what make Jackrabbit Technologies an awesome place to work. And that “awesome place” is virtual–all of our employees enjoy the privilege of working remotely. We are interested in speaking to qualified candidates who are eligible to work in the U.S. We are not able to sponsor visas.
What you’re about:
You are passionate about building great application software, and you believe applications should be intuitive and easy-to-use. You aren’t afraid to speak out to make things better. You believe in the value of team collaboration and prioritize sharing knowledge. In addition, you have:
• 5+ years experience developing web applications.
• 5+ years experience with web front-end tools (Kendo, ReactJS, JQuery, etc).
• 3+ years experience with Microsoft .NET or ASP.NET Core.
• Strong Microsoft web development skills (C#, .NET 4.5, ASP.NET, MVC).
• Experience working in Agile Scrum sprints using a tool such as Jira.
• Experience with a source control tool such as TFS, Git, or VSTS.
• SQL or other database experience is a plus.
• Ability to effectively communicate with stakeholders, clients, and partners.
• 4-year STEM degree, or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent English communication skills (verbal, written).
• Ability to multitask, balance multiple priorities, and perform well under pressure.
• Live within a 2-hour drive of Charlotte and be able to travel to the office once a week.
What you’ll do:
• Collaborate with Product and UI/UX team to innovate and refine enhancement designs.
• Code and unit test assigned enhancements and fixes.
• Correct bugs found in integration, regression, and QA testing.
• Adhere to coding, change management, source control, and DevOps standards.
• Collaborate with other Product and Engineering team members to maximize Sprint success.
• Rapidly gain a working understanding of our codebase, architecture, development stack, and infrastructure.
• Contribute to best practices in our Engineering workflow, including design patterns, coding standards, security, automated testing, pair programming, code reviews, debugging, and DevOps.
• Contribute to the conversation with internal and external users around product features, needs, usage/how to, and user experience
What you will love about us:
• Our Culture! Read what our employees say about working at Jackrabbit on Glassdoor.
• We work remotely. We always have – we have this down!
• Our Health and Wellness Benefits. Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts.
• We help you with the unexpected. Company-Paid Disability and Life Insurance. Opportunity to elect Critical Illness and Accident Insurance. Plus confidential access to legal and life counseling available 24/7.
• Your future looks bright at Jackrabbit. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to financial planning.
• We pay you to play, rest, recharge and balance your life. Paid Time Off, Paid Parental and Sabbatical leaves.
• You will grow your skills with us. Annual allowance for professional development.
• We give back. Paid Time to volunteer in your community.
Jackrabbit Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.