Technology and Operations Associate
Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.
At Girls on the Run, our core values guide our way and we stand firm in our long-standing commitment to building a world where every person can know and activate their limitless potential. We warmly welcome the participation of any child who identifies as “girl”, non-binary, or gender expansive in our programs. We are committed to leveraging our intellectual, financial, and human resources to advance strategies to be inclusive, equitable and accessible to all. Our headquarters and councils are working to bring diverse voices to the table as we know that unique perspectives strengthen the quality and scope of our organization. We pledge to be a reflection of the communities we engage, not only in appearance, but also through fostering an atmosphere of community connectedness that serves as a model for our girls and other stakeholders.
Girls in the Run has been described by its employees in a recent third-party work culture survey as: collaborative, joyful, hardworking, caring, fast-paced and quality-focused. We are a passionate group of people and today’s climate requires that our team be adaptable and flexible to continue to serve our stakeholders.
Reporting directly to the Business Systems Administrator and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run International, the Technology and Operations Associate is responsible for providing prompt and professional technical support and troubleshooting systems in use at Girls on the Run International. This role will assist with the general systems support for GOTR councils and GOTR HQ.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Serve as technology administrator in the following areas, including but not limited to:
• All technology equipment (order and maintain inventory)
• Setup and manage G-Suite and Office 365 email and shared calendar accounts
• Assist users with access and passwords to multiple integrated software platforms
• General tech support
• Serve as primary IT contact for more than 800 council and HQ staff members, providing technical assistance for incoming tickets and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware via phone, email, and screen sharing sessions.
• Manage user access and role assignment to systems based on governance.
• Contribute content to tech support knowledge base.
• Prepare equipment and system access for new users.
• Serve as a role model for Girls on the Run
• Develop positive relationships with volunteers, community, and staff
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Business Systems Administrator
• Expand expressions of Girls on the Run’s commitment to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access within the systems administration environment by leveraging technological capabilities to achieve organizational IDEA goals
• Cultivate positive relationships with council directors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
This position will require the person to setup computer equipment and move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. This position needs to constantly maintain computers and equipment in the storage unit and prepare equipment for new users.
Required qualities and qualifications:
• Excellent interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service and troubleshooting
• Ability to learn new software quickly
• Extremely comfortable with technology
• Ability to work with users of all skill levels
• Proven ability to communicate in a variety of written forms
• Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines
• Flexible and adaptable
• Comfortable working with Microsoft Office products
• Takes initiative
• Strong end-user/customer service focus
• Proven ability to troubleshoot basic IT problems
• Proven creative problem-solving skills
• Positive, upbeat, and embraces GOTR values
• Passion for empowering girls to reach their limitless potential!
• Service desk ticketing system (e.g., ZenDesk) experience
• Learning Management System administration
• Office 365 and SharePoint administration
• CRM administration
• Financial system administration
This is a full-time, non-exempt position at 40 hours per week, offering a compensation range of $17-19 per hour depending on experience. In addition, Girls on the Run International offers a generous PTO plan, a benefits package including company-subsidized medical and dental, vision coverage, life insurance, and paid medical leave and a 401k plan with employer match. While this is a remote position, applicants must be central to the Charlotte region.