Marketing and Publicity Manager
Drives awareness and ticket sales through creation and execution of marketing plans for assigned shows and special events; coordinates yearly and event-by-event promotional partnerships and trade schedules for the marketing team; promotes and publicizes Blumenthal events and mission programs; assists with special event planning, including direct responsibility for managing affinity groups. Prepares sales projections and event settlements as required. Reports to the Director of Marketing and Publicity.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Creates and executes marketing plans for assigned shows and programs, including researching and evaluating advertising options; ordering and trafficking of advertising; planning and organizing promotional support; and other marketing functions including social media and email messaging/coordination as required.
• Obtains publicity for Blumenthal events and programs. Works with traditional and social media and show press agents to secure advance and in-town press hits and coverage. Plans transportation and escorts cast and creative team members to interviews.
• Effectively negotiates, communicates and coordinates marketing activities and information with press agents and key Blumenthal staff. Works closely with the programming, ticketing team and pricing manager on event scaling decisions, ticket pricing, discount strategy and other key marketing decisions. Negotiates with clients on key decisions points.
• Manages marketing budgets for assigned events and other assigned marketing programs. Prepare accurate and complete event settlements and expense documentation.
• Responsible for ideation and execution of promotional programs for events and programs. Works with marketing team members and press agents to secure special offers as needed. Submits offers to the ticketing team and maintains offer brand pages on Blumenthal site.
• Researches and prepares sales projections. Identifies sales patterns and trends via in-depth sales tracking and forecasting.
• Plans and directs advertising buys and creative assets aligned with approved marketing budgets and show creative directions. Participates in ideation of marketing creative for Blumenthal programs and mission activities.
• Assists Marketing and Publicity Director in identifying and obtain new media partnerships on both a yearly and event-by-event basis. Assists in the implementation of corporate sponsorships working in conjunction with Development team.
• Manages Club Blume, the arts affinity group for young professionals. Directs multiple events throughout the year to engage and retain members. Oversees Club Blume season ticket campaign. • Manages the affinity group yearly budget.
• Assists with planning and execution of special events.
• Other duties as required.
• College Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field combined with a minimum of three years professional experience in marketing, promotions and advertising.
• Experience in the entertainment/performing arts industry is highly preferred.
• Must have demonstrated ability to work in a team, as well as independently.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills are required. Creative skills, negotiation, organization, communication and time management are essential.
• Ability to work effectively with challenging situations and people under deadline pressure.
Email resume, including salary history, to email@example.com. When attaching a resume to your email submission, files MUST be either MS Word (.doc) or ADOBE (.pdf) format. File types other than these will be rejected. You may also fax your resume to 704.444.2163 or mail to:
130 N. Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202