Underscore works with colleges and universities to provide cutting-edge enrollment marketing services that leverage unique, engaging and personalized communications. Our approach provides these services via a unique model that is disrupting higher education and moving the industry forward, with Underscore on the leading edge.
Underscore is looking for a highly creative and driven graphic designer who is eager to bring the latest design trends to the world of higher education. Responsibilities include creating digital and print marketing materials in a timely and consistent manner, closely following the client’s brand guidelines. Creativity, organization and strong professional communication skills are key to success in this role.
Essential duties & responsibilities:
• Oversee the execution of creative projects including but not limited to email campaigns, print mailers, digital ads, website design and social media content
• Work in conjunction with the team members to develop and refine concepts, campaigns and creative ideas that reflect a deep understanding of the target audience
• Participate in and contribute to brainstorming sessions, meetings and presentations
• Ensure brand guidelines are accurately represented in all design work
• Analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns
• Participate in weekly check-in calls with the Creative Director and marketing team
• Other duties as assigned
• 3+ years of graphic design and web experience
• Clear understanding of typography, layout, color theory and design fundamentals
• Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
• Functional knowledge of HTML/CSS
• Ability to function as an equal partner in a small, autonomous team
• Friendly and easy-going, comfortable in a casual office environment
• Organized and task-oriented
• Writing experience is a plus
Underscore is an Equal Opportunity employer. Underscore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.