Building Services Attendant
Under regular supervision, maintains Blumenthal facilities including any off-site venues Ensures a safe and clean environment for staff, performers, and the public.
Duties & responsibilities:
• Performs general custodial and routine cleaning work as required in the maintenance of all facilities, including but not limited to buffing, mopping, polishing, striping, refinishing, waxing, and sealing floors; vacuuming and cleaning carpets; washing doors, windows, and trim; cleaning and sanitizing restrooms; dusting office surfaces and furniture; cleaning air vents, etc.
• Receive product orders and stock supply rooms.
• Maintains cleanliness of all assigned work-related equipment.
• Report safety and maintenance conditions to supervisor.
• Refer to policy and procedure manuals, equipment manuals, chemical manuals, etc.
• Utilize various clerical, cleaning, and maintenance supplies.
• Interact and communicate with various groups and individuals such as the immediate supervisor, coworkers, staff of other departments, tenants, vendors, and the general public.
• Must be flexible with work hours to including but not limited to days/nights weekends in all Blumenthal Performing Arts venues.
Additional job functions:
-Performs related duties as required
-Performs non-technical event set-ups, including moving of furniture and other duties as needed
• Requires a high school diploma or GED equivalent supplemented by one to two years of facilities maintenance experience, OR
• An equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to complete all assigned work related duties.
• Tasks involve the ability to exert moderate, though not constant physical effort, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling
• Also involved the lifting carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (up to 20 pounds), and occasionally heavier items (up to 50 pounds)
Email resume, including salary history, to firstname.lastname@example.org. When attaching a resume to your email submission, files MUST be either MS Word (.doc) or ADOBE (.pdf) format. File types other than these will be rejected. You may also fax your resume to 704.444.2163 or mail to:
130 N. Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202