Temp-to-Hire Customer Experience Specialist – Customer Service
R.E. Mason is an Emerson Impact Partner and a leading provider of process control solutions and operational certainty for North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia. We have been serving Energy, Chemical, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences, Pulp & Paper and Food & Beverage customers for over 75 years. From capital projects to ongoing maintenance, our solutions include valves, automated process controls, reliability, safety and more. We are dedicated to providing exceptional experiences and sustained value for our customers.
As an employee-owned company (“ESOP”), we believe that our Associates are the foundation of both our customers’ and R.E. Mason’s success. Our strong company culture, and belief in continued investment in our Associates, has helped us realize long Associate tenures, as well as, long lasting relationships with our customers.
We are offering an opportunity for a temp to hire Customer Experience Specialist-Customer Service to join our team. The successful candidate will perform various order management functions including day-to-day customer support, order entry, purchase order management, and expediting. The successful candidate will have a solid understanding of customer service and purchase order/invoice business systems. Strong knowledge of computer applications including MS Word, Excel and ERP and CRM systems is required. In addition, the candidate should demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Work with a sense of urgency to ensure that all Customers’ needs are satisfied at all times.
• Work closely with the Inside Sales team and the Accounting team to provide customer support.
• Perform work that is accurate and of the highest quality.
• Maintain familiarity and basic understanding of all Product and Service offerings.
• Customer-facing/day-to-day phone support.
• Knowledge of appropriate business practices and procedures.
• Proactive Customer reporting and documentation needs.
• Handle Customer expediting requests by working with appropriate internal groups, coordinating completion, and ensuring timely responses back to the Customer.
• Participate in customer meetings as required.
• Procurement (purchase order entry, vendor correspondence, pricing, and oversee the timely delivery of parts needed).
• Support/enhance vendor relationships.
• Understanding of inventory management.
• Competent in understanding technical product purchase orders & service contracts.
• Execute supplier and Customer returns.
• Maintain Customer information for optimizing CRM.
• Interact with Customer portals (EDI).
• Awareness of software program relationships and the ability to work quickly between multiple programs.
• Ability to resolve Customer order issues in a timely, professional manner.
• Basic understanding of logistics.
• Actively participate with team members to achieve company goals.
• Other duties as required.
• Ability to reason through solutions for Customers’ issues.
• Strong Customer Experience focus.
• High computer application literacy (including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn internal business systems).
• Able to manage difficult situations and respond promptly to Customer needs.
• Quickly embraces, learns and applies new technology and/or procedures.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment; a team player.
• Self-directed, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
• Organized and reliable
• Demonstrates integrity
• Time management and multitasking
• Possess a high level of energy, initiative, enthusiasm, cooperation and exercise good judgment and discretion.
• US Citizen
• Fluent in English
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Required education & experience:
• 1-2 years Customer Service experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
• IFS experience preferred.
• Reaching Overhead
• Pushing and Pulling
• Lifting – 20 Pounds
• Using a Computer
• Using a Telephone