Marketing and Communications Manager
Founded in 2000, Trinity Episcopal School is an independent, co-educational school of more than 440 students in grades K‐8. Situated on an urban campus in the Garden District of Charlotte’s First Ward neighborhood, TES capitalizes upon the vibrant Center City as an extended classroom for cultural enrichment, hands‐on learning, and opportunities to serve the community.
A mission‐driven school, Trinity is dedicated to three equally valued and thoroughly intertwined goals: creating scholars, nurturing spirituality, and embracing diversity. TES is a place of pride and passion, where teachers and students are fully engaged. Trinity’s constructivist curriculum challenges students to academic excellence and seeks to maintain the curiosity found in young learners. In keeping with the Episcopal educational tradition, spiritual development is integral to the Trinity experience and is reflected in regular opportunities for community worship and a comprehensive service‐learning program. The founders of Trinity Episcopal School sought to create a student body that would reflect the population of the Charlotte metropolitan area, and it is comprised of a diverse community of learners who learn together with a mutual sense of belonging, respect, and acceptance. Trinity is populated by a rich variety of people from diverse racial, ethnic, religious, and socioeconomic backgrounds. This intentional pluralism is a hallmark of Episcopal schools that Trinity has embraced since its founding. Additionally, Trinity has established an honor code that holds students to the highest standards of integrity and personal conduct.
The Marketing/Communications Director oversees all marketing, communications (internal and external) and public relations for Trinity Episcopal School, ensuring accuracy and consistency in brand, quality, message and execution. Reporting directly to the Director of Advancement, this person collaborates with the Visual Communications Coordinator to implement all of the above.
• Develops and implements annual strategic marketing plan school-
wide, as well as specific marketing plan for Office of Admission in partnership with the Director of Advancement and senior administrative team
• Oversees and executes any necessary market research used to inform strategies and tactics. Collects and analyzes data on all marketing strategies to make informed decisions
Works with Directors of Advancement and Admission in surveying various constituencies, and assists in the collation, interpretation and application of the results of surveys for overall school improvement
• Works with the Office of Admission and the Director of Advancement to outline and implement long and short-term marketing/communications and recruitment strategies that ensure visibility with targeted constituencies
• Works with Advancement and Admission departments and the Senior Admin team to ensure accuracy and consistency in quality and message for all departments and constituencies of the School
• Develops and/or oversees all internal and external school communications including weekly school newsletter, smartphone app, parent communications, the school magazine, marketing and fundraising materials, social media and public relations, including communications from Parents’ Association
• Oversees schedule and production of school-wide print and online communications and promotional materials, including all newsletters, admission materials, annual reports and general school publications
• Oversees schedule, production and strategy for annual advertising plan, media buys and design
• Serves as liaison with print vendors and specialty advertisers
• Writes and distributes media releases and cultivates relationships with key media representatives; routes all media inquiries through School’s communication channels
• Works with the Advancement Team and other School departments to promote and support annual events such as Grandfriends’ Day, donor receptions, Spring Arts Festival, Baccalaureate, Commencement and other school wide events
• Maintains archives of all electronic (photos, videos, media coverage, etc.) and print files (news coverage, promotional materials, etc.) for School
• Coordinates any video needs for the School, including management of relationships with outside production companies, and creation/production of in-house video
• Work with the Advancement Coordinator to manage all social media efforts for the school, sharing creative, thorough and relevant content in a timely manner. Use analytics to create strong strategy around social media presence
• Serve as staff advisor for the volunteer Yearbook committee; assist with photography and other needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
• Must be proficient with the following computer programs: MS Word & Outlook, publishing, design, photo and web-based software
• Experience with Google Apps a plus (ie. Google Docs, Google Drive)
• Experience with Google Analytics, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, software such as Mailchimp, iMovie also a plus
• Strong writing/editing skills required
• Must possess a strong ability to read, write, edit and proofread in English, and be able to communicate via words and photographs to our different constituencies
• Must be able to compare estimated costs of printing, advertising, rentals, etc., to calculate print sizes and percentages
• Photography skills a plus
• Experience and/or skills in Videography a plus
• Proficiency in Spanish a plus
• Familiarity with and commitment to the mission of independent schools and Trinity Episcopal School and a commitment to our three primary values of scholarship, diversity and spirituality is a must
• Integrity, sound judgment, self-confidence, maturity and a sense of perspective
Excellent interpersonal, presentation, writing, organizational and communication skills
• Ability to be a self-starter and initiator, and ability to work effectively, both independently and on a team
• A high level of energy and strong time management to work on many tasks/projects
• A love for children and a willingness to go above and beyond in the best interests of students
• Demonstrated sensitivity to students, alumni and alumni families, faculty and staff of varying racial, ethnic, religious, gender, cultural, disability, sexual orientation and socioeconomic backgrounds.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to walk through campus and to Center City Charlotte from campus.
Salary and benefits:
Trinity Episcopal School is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding employees through a compensation plan that compares favorably with those of other independent schools both locally and nationwide. Individual salary levels are competitive and are determined by educational background and experience.