Healing Hands of Joy (HHOJ) is a not-for-profit organization that exists to bring hope, happiness and a second chance to women affected by obstetric fistula (OF) in Ethiopia. It was established in the USA in 2009 and started operations in northern Ethiopia in 2010. Currently, Healing Hands of Joy operates in 3 regions across Ethiopia and is working in partnership with the Ethiopia Federal Ministry of Health.
The goal of HHOJ is to enable women treated for obstetric fistula to resume full and productive lives within their families/communities. HHOJ therefore works to support women to recover from the some-times devastating impact of OF. This involves restoring their self-esteem, confidence and physical, psychosocial and economic capacity to engage fully and meaningfully as a family and community member. It also aims to improve maternal health especially reducing maternal and neonatal deaths and OF by training women treated for OF to become Safe Motherhood Ambassadors within their communities.
Healing Hands of Joy’s vision is to see new cases of obstetric fistula eliminated in Ethiopia and to see fistula survivors empowered and successfully reintegrated as self-contributors to their communities and educators in safe delivery.
Healing Hands of Joy’s Inspiration comes from the unconditional love of God and His call to bring healing and joy to those who suffer as exemplified by Jesus Christ. We are committed to working with partners and individuals of all faiths and beliefs.
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for supporting the day-to-day operations of Healing Hands of Joy and the administrative needs of the staff. The Administrative Coordina-tor will provide support via the utilization of technology tools to ensure efficiency and effectiveness. Additionally, this role is often the first point of contact with donors and staff, there-fore has the opportunity to make a lasting impression regarding our mission. The Administrative Coordinator will need to be adept at juggling many priorities with ease. This role is key to the success of achieving our mission of empowering women.
Team Leader: Development Manager
Position Status: Part Time
Payroll Status: Salaried, Non-Exempt
Location: Charlotte, NC
• Excellent communication, organization & interpersonal skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products
• Familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM platform
• Prefer 2+ years of experience in office and/or non-profit settings
• Manage General Office Needs
• Maintain office supply inventory and purchase as needed.
• Process mail that is received and deposit checks received to the Bank.
• Oversee General Administrative budget, process invoices and expenses.
• Manage the HHOJ administrative calendar to include the tracking of board meeting, board committee meetings, staff travel and time off.
• Support regular Printings and Direct Mail Campaigns
• Donor Data Input/Reporting/Acknowledgment
• Maintain Donor database system (Salesforce)
• Support the team in reporting and metrics as needed via both Xcel, Salesforce and related platforms.
• Acknowledge donations via e-mail or thank you note.
• Assist CEO, Ethiopia Country Director and Development Manager as needed
• Travel coordination
• Event support
• Communication/Social media support
• Support Annual Board meeting and staff retreat preparation
• Provide other administrative needs as requested.
If interested in this role, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.