Contract Mortgage Marketing Compliance Specialist
Wyndham Capital Mortgage (WCM), founded in 2001, is a Fintech Mortgage Lender headquartered in Charlotte, North Carolina. Our cultural belief is to empower our team members to enrich their lives and careers while working with modern technology, robotics, and automation to eliminate repetitive work and leverage our employee’s human potential and highest-value work. At Wyndham Capital, we intend to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our jobs and lives. Your involvement will translate directly to continuous improvement in our systems, processes, and customer experience. We believe your experience at WCM will catapult your career growth and nurture your life’s journey.
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Wyndham Capital Mortgage is seeking a Compliance & Training Manager/Specialist for the Marketing Department who has deep experience in managing the review, approval, tracking and monitoring of marketing and social media collateral and communications for federal and state consumer regulatory issues across the full mortgage lending cycle for financial institutions. These regulations include Fair Lending (ECOA and Regulation B), Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP), Truth-in-Lending (Regulation Z), RESPA (Regulation X), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), CAN-SPAM, Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), SAFE Act, and others. Reporting to the SVP, Marketing, you will be responsible for enhancing our current review, approval, tracking and monitoring process, and working with key stakeholders day-to-day to ensure that WCM advertising, marketing, web presence and social media communications meet or exceed regulatory expectations along with training the Marketing team on these regulations. Experience with PerformLine compliance solution is a plus.
• Serve as the primary day-to-day compliance partner for WCM’s marketing team, helping them to execute digital marketing, print, multichannel and social media initiatives with appropriate content and disclosures
• Review all marketing, social media and sales materials and diplomatically communicate content concerns and required edits; explain the regulatory basis for the changes; and recommend creative alternatives to problematic content
• Provide timely review and approval of collateral with minimal supervision in a remote environment
• Identify, assess, and mitigate marketing compliance risks related to marketing and social media initiatives.
• Develop and conduct training to improve knowledge of compliance requirements with applicable regulations, rules, and industry issues
• Proactively identify process/procedural improvements
• Prepare for exams and audits with respect to marketing communications
• Be tech-savvy and fintech-forward in working with PerformLine and other compliance tools to manage review and approval process flow and improve automation and efficiencies
Wyndham Capital Mortgage needs someone with deep expertise in federal (CFPB, FCC) and state consumer regulations, particularly as they relate to marketing and social media for the financial service sector, with the enthusiasm and motivation to help us enhance the future state of governance, approval and oversight. A team player with the ability to dive in, work independently (remotely) and proactively. Using your keen vision, become a true partner for our key stakeholders with tech and creative-savvy to drive business strategies and initiatives, and help meet our commitment to satisfy our customers’ financial needs.
The successful candidate will have a depth of marketing compliance experience within the financial services industry, ability to collaborate with a diversity of stakeholders, strong team mentality, be driven to grow professionally and personally, and brings:
• Five to seven years of experience working in review of marketing and social media consumer mortgage lending content within a financial institution
• Advanced knowledge of federal (CFPB, FCC) and state compliance requirements and upcoming changes that impact Fair and Responsible Lending, ECOA, UDAAP, TILA, RESPA, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, SCRA, Safe Act and the residential mortgage lending industry.
• Ability to review content and disclosures, and provide timely feedback
• Ability to enhance and implement policies, procedures, training and other preventive and detective controls with respect to the stated rules and regulations and overall business processes
• Strong analytic and decision-making skills required with a high degree of accuracy
• Aptitude to work remotely, independently as well as part of a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with creative flair, especially in the context of social media
• Time Management skills and the ability to prioritize workload based on department needs
• Flexibility to adapt and succeed in a dynamic environment and work remotely
• CRCM (Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager) Preferred – current certification or ability and willingness to become certified
• Strives to provide +1 Service to ensure success, to both internal teams and external clients
• Has the upmost integrity, period
• Is naturally curious – you enjoy seeking out and applying new things in your job
• Knows how to make smart, informed decisions
• Has passion for your job and positive energy that is infectious
• Cares about your work and performance, and you want to provide impact across the organization
• At times, can be innovative and not afraid to bring big thinking and ideas to the table
• Is able to deliver influential communication to others
• You take your work seriously, but not yourself. You like to have fun at work
• Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Pre-tax health spending account (HSA)
• 401(k) plan (with company match)
• Company provided life insurance
• Pet Insurance
• 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off
• Employee discounts (fitness, phone)
• Wellness events