HR Business Partner
When you work for Moishe House (pronounced moy-shuh), you become a part of something BIG: a global nonprofit that builds peer-led Jewish communities for young adults around the world! Founded in 2006, Moishe House funds, trains, and educates young adults to create pluralistic, inclusive, and welcoming Jewish communities. Let’s demystify some of the jargon! Our Moishe Houses and Pods are led by a group of volunteer community builders, called “residents”, who open their doors to twenty-somethings for social, educational, and Jewish ritual events throughout the year. To date, there are more than 140 Moishe House communities in over 30 countries, and we’re still growing!
Moishe House seeks a Human Resources (HR) Business Partner to join our growing global team! The HR Business Partner works in conjunction with the Chief HR Officer and team to develop and implement organizational culture, leadership development, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives, employee relations, and other organizational and departmental projects. We are seeking a culture-focused thinker and coach to play a key role in growing Moishe House culture in a multitude of ways.
All voices are needed at Moishe House. Every new member of the Moishe House team is an opportunity for us to introduce fresh perspectives, talent, and skills into our workforce and our communities. People who identify as Black, Indigenous, and People Of Color (BIPOC) and historically marginalized groups, including, People with Disabilities, People from the LGBTQ+ communities are all encouraged to apply for our open positions! We seek employees from diverse backgrounds, faiths, and life experiences to join our team located in the United States, South America, Europe, and the former Soviet Union. Our vision, in part, is for a fair and equitable workplace, where diversity is celebrated and can truly flourish. We recognize we have a ways to go and a lot to learn.
• You’re an experienced Human Resources Generalist. In fact, you’re a Generalist by nature! You understand what leaders and employees need to be successful, and what organizations need to create, maintain, and grow culture and equity. You enjoy creating and facilitating training opportunities.
• You’re a strong coach to employees and leaders.
• You’ve led organization-wide initiatives related to culture, change, and leader development, and enjoy the day-to-day of large project management mixed with coaching and training.
• You’ll take responsibility for Culture, Organizational Development, and DEI initiatives.
• You’ll work with employees and leaders on training initiatives, employee relations, coaching, and organizational change, and you’ll be a strong backup to our Recruiting function.
• You strive to make others stronger through your leadership, coaching, and training skills.
• You’re organized and love a fast-paced environment. You have the ability to multitask and manage several projects at all times, to work well under pressure, manage deadlines efficiently, work independently and collaborate effectively with various teams and partners.
• You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, or a related field, or additional four years of full-time relevant experience. Master’s Degree in these areas and/or HR certification preferred.
• You have 5 – 7 years of full-time post-undergraduate professional experience, preferably as an HR Business Partner or Organizational Development consultant.
• You embrace the Moishe Mindset: Be the Difference, Connect & Listen, Invest Wisely, Embrace the Unknown, Own It!, Value People, and Work Well, Live Well, and Have Fun!
• You are eligible to work in the U.S. without employer sponsorship.
• The Fine Print: This position is based in our East Coast Hub Office (Charlotte, NC). Our team is currently working at remote locations until our offices reopen, with 8 weeks’ advance notice provided.
• 2+ years’ supervisory experience
• Direct experience in developing and facilitating training
• Direct experience as an HR Generalist
• Health, vision, dental, and mental health benefits ($0 employee contribution option available)
• Flexible spending account options
• 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year that increases with continued employment; additional benefits for former Hillel and BBYO employees (Talent Alliance)
• Office closures and floating holidays for Jewish and US holidays
• 401k matching after one year of employment
• Quarterly paid day of service (give back to your community so you can help your community builders get involved too)
• Highly qualified, creative, and go-getter teammates and a dedicated supervisor
• Company discounts on flights, hotels, sporting events, concerts amusement parks, gyms, and more through Plum Benefits
• Schedule options to accommodate your work and lifestyle
• Starting salary range of $70,000-$75,000, assuming you meet the minimum requirements. If your salary expectations are different and/or you have more experience than required, let’s talk.
• Annual merit-based salary increase
How Moishe House invests in you:
• $500 annual professional development fund
• One-on-one Jewish learning with an educator of your choice
• Local professional learning opportunities
• Opportunities for advancement through Moishe House’s career path planning
• Opportunities to attend Moishe House Learning Retreats and Conferences
Possible steps in our hiring process:
Step 1: Send us your resume, and cover letter, and you’ll hear back from us!
Step 2: Video interview using an online web-based platform
Step 3: Skills assessment, and interview(s) with the hiring manager(s)
Step 4: We’ll check your references to hear about your past experience
Step 5: Get an offer letter, sign it, start your Moishe House journey!
How to apply:
Please email the following items to email@example.com with “HR Business Partner” with your first and last name and preferred location IN THE SUBJECT LINE:
Cover letter – Tell us your story and why Moishe House!
Resume – Start Date/End Date (in month/year format) for each position you’ve held. Please explain gaps in employment.