South End Programs Coordinator
Charlotte Center City Partners is a 501c(4) non-profit organization contracted by the City of Charlotte to manage programs for the Uptown and South End Municipal Services Districts. Our work includes communications and marketing, community engagement, economic development, community planning, placemaking, and special events. Our mission is to envision and activate strategies to make Center City welcoming, equitable, economically vibrant, and a culturally rich and beloved place for all.
Charlotte Center City Partners is recruiting a community engagement and programs coordinator for South End.
The South End Programs Coordinator will build relationships, develop programs and implement projects to connect community and enhance public life in the neighborhood. This role involves working closely with small business owners, property managers, residents, artists, community partners, city/county staff and the whole Charlotte Center City Partners team.
If you have outstanding people skills, and love outreach, public programming/events, meeting new people, bringing groups together, and listening for collaboration – we want to meet you.
To succeed in this role, you need creativity, a positive attitude, attention to detail, and an eagerness to build relationships in the community beyond the 9-5 work week. Some regular programs and special events occur on weekends and evenings.
We are looking for someone who cares about our city, the South End neighborhood, and all the ways we can support the growth of a thriving and inclusive community in Charlotte.
Relevant work experience may include community engagement, project management, communications, and event production. Collaboration is part of everything we do.
The Programs Coordinator will report to and work closely with the VP for South End, and as an integral part of the Economic & Community Development team. You will also work closely with marketing & communications, special events, and planning.
• Build relationships with business owners, property managers and stakeholders – serving as the first welcoming face for new businesses and the first person to call with a question or idea for the neighborhood.
• Coordinate the Small Business Owners + Property Managers networks with regular meetings, communication and active listening.
• Implement projects and programming that support small business, such as the Small Business Hero campaign.
• Coordinate community happenings: including First Fridays, pop-up markets, block party street closures, Rail Trail activations, neighborhood walking tours.
• Coordinate and support signature neighborhood events like I Heart Rail Trail Lights, Small Business Saturday, Art & Soul of South End and South End Blooms – leading on property manager partnerships, small business and community partnerships, and daily activation.
• Coordinate Community Meetings + build resident networks, creating opportunities for neighborhood leaders to connect, convene and advocate for shared priorities.
• Manage place-making projects like installation and maintenance of signs, pole banners, murals, little free libraries, bicycle racks, benches, trash & recycling containers.
• Coordinate Art Everywhere projects and collaborations.
• Design, coordinate, and support initiatives to make South End a welcoming and inclusive place for everyone.
• Work closely with the Economic & Community Development and Marketing & Communications teams to amplify stories of innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship in our community.
• Work closely with the Economic & Community Development team on implementation of new projects like the Small Business Innovation Fund.
• Support and communicate with the South End Board Committee, including managing coordination of Board Committee meetings, creating materials and writing communications to the Board.
• Outstanding people skill
• Positive and creative, can-do attitude
• Strong writing and communication skill
• Project management or event management experience
• Organization and attention to detail
• 2-3 years of experience in a customer-facing or collaborative work environment
• Commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion in all forms
• Interest in what makes a city vibrant, inclusive, delightful and diverse
• Comfortable speaking in public to stakeholders and small groups
This is a full-time position with benefits. Salary range for this position is commensurate with experience. Charlotte Center City Partners offers a generous health, dental, short, long-term and life insurance package, flexible spending option, and a 401(k) retirement program.
Pay: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible schedule
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Retirement plan
Diversity, equity and inclusion:
Charlotte Center City Partners celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees, interns and contractors. Charlotte Center City Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws and ordinances. Charlotte Center City Partners’ management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, teammate activities, access to facilities and programs and general treatment during employment.
• All visitors wear masks
• Touchless lights and faucets
• Wi-Fi enabled lights
• Technology for Teams and Zoom meetings
• PPE available for all
• Glass dividers on workstations to standing height