Catering Executive Chef / Exec Sous Chef
This position directs our culinary team; manage sous chefs, kitchen leads, dishwashers, and hourly employees. They collaborate daily with the Sales, Logistics & Event teams.
They continually work to ensure cohesive and consistently executable menus for QC Direct, QC Events, QC Contracts. They are operationally and fiscally responsible for all food, paper, non-alcoholic beverage and labor costs. They collaborate on all culinary operations budgets with the intent to consistently modernize and improve our program. They are responsible for all culinary equipment maintenance and procurement.
They are responsible for maintaining high quality food & presentation, cultivating a positive and progressive atmosphere, working with the team to proactively creating ideas and solutions, and supporting open communication & feedback to foster unforgettable experiences.
They are the culinary face of our company, representing us to the public, to our clients and to our team. Their success is defined by the systematic leadership growth and development of team members. They are a leader, mentor, and culinary guide.
• Five years of off-premise catering experience leading and managing a team of 10 people or more at chef de cuisine level or higher, executive chef preferred*.
• Five years relevant industry experience preferred (catering specific).
• Experience in developing and costing custom menus.
• Five years of experience leading and managing a team of 10 people or more.
• Five years of financial responsibility of food and labor costing to your department.
• Preference given to candidates with industry professional affiliations and awards.
• Preference given for experience building and operating remote field kitchens.
• Positive career track of growth and promotion, min 2-3 years at a single location.
• Must be local upon starting position (within 30 min).
• Culinary Degree.
• Competency in spoken and written communication.
• Tech savvy.
• Coach, mentor & provide structure for our modern culinary team.
• Supervise / coordinate all related culinary activities.
• Along with food & beverage leadership, serve as the primary culinary subject matter experts in order to educate team members on the latest trends.
• Oversee the training & management of our culinary personnel.
• Work with management to develop internal talent that facilitates future growth opportunities for team members in keeping with QC Core Values, including a commitment to ongoing professional development and involvement in professional trade organizations.
• Fiscal responsibility for our food and labor production budgets.
• Measure, analyze and report on revenues, productivity and other key metrics in order to optimize and adjust business plan to ensure success.
• Oversee efficient logistical planning for culinary production.
• Requisition or purchase food, n/a beverage and supplies by forecasting.
• Prepare bids for high volume events.
• Develop and price functionally creative and cohesive menus.
• Work with CGO, Director of Ops and Sales Team to develop menus that provide maximum value and sellability to clients.
• Lead and coach continual menu / recipe development and product improvement designed to positively impact the overall guest satisfaction.
• Streamline, standardize and simplify production recipes to ensure consistent QCC quality.
• Drive the launch and consistent execution of QC’s culinary standards, presentation, quality control, processes and procedures.
• Work closely with operational leaders to set strategic goals and support field based culinary and food & beverage teams to ensure such goals are achieved.
• Ensure superior safety and sanitation in the kitchen.
• Utilize equipment/maintenance program / procurement budget to maintain contemporary kitchen standards; inclusive of event equipment.
• Represent our brand for internal & external client tastings.
• Manage and maintain our culinary internship program and seasonal team members.
• Properly balance all three QCC brands.
• Provide leadership and culinary support for new openings, new concepts and renovations.
• Maintain Char-Meck Health Department Sanitation Score of 95 or higher.
• Desire and willingness to perform any necessary function that ensures QCC team success.
Expected hours are 45-55 hours per week during an average week and potentially higher on big weeks. Schedule will vary week to week depending on business volume and completion of ancillary projects.
• Life-long learner.
Please send your resume, along with a few sentences sharing why you are the right fit for this position, to firstname.lastname@example.org