Business Development Officer
Team member markets, processes and underwrites new SBA 504 loans and other commercial loan program(s) in BEFCOR’s area of operations. Markets company services to lenders, economic development organizations, chambers of commerce, business services providers, trade associations, and small businesses clients in conjunction overall BEFCOR marketing strategies and plans. Processes and underwrites loans, including those originated by the Executive Director and/or other staff members when requested.
Team member’s performance has a substantial impact on the success of the organization, including mission impact and financial goal attainment. Team member will participate in formulating and implementing policies and advising management on organization and team matters. In addition, team member will actively participate in organizational goal-setting, including short-term and long-term objectives.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following
• Collaborate with team to implement strategic marketing plan.
• Assist in formulating and implementing strategic planning objectives to maintain and expand markets.
• Maintain existing client relations.
• Meet annual loan production goals.
• Provide peer review of loan applications as needed.
• Perform initial loan pre-qualification and eligibility determination.
• Maintain a professional presence through social media and adhere to BEFCOR’s professional social media code of conduct as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
• Review loan application process, funding and servicing requirements with borrowers and lenders.
• Assist and conduct property/site visits as needed.
• Attend and/or conduct lender, economic development organization, and service provider training programs.
• Submit regular activity reports to Executive Director as directed and assist team members as needed.
• Maintain loan files in accordance with standard operating procedure (SOP) requirements and BEFCOR’s Loan Policy and Internal Controls Manuals.
• Maintain working knowledge of all company products and services.
• Conduct accurate and thorough analysis of business financial statements, including review of key financial ratios.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Five years’ experience in commercial real estate and/or SBA experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field.
• Public speaking and networking experience.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent customer service.
• Excellent attention to detail, strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
• Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc. and ability to proficiently use loan processing software.
• Familiarity and competency with professional social media platforms such as LinkedIn.
• General knowledge of U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) loan programs and other loan products offered by BEFCOR and lending partners.
• Industry knowledge and experience in small business-related topics relevant to lending, including legal matters, collateral and security documents, insurance requirements and regulatory environment.
• As a BEFCOR team member, ability to work with internal and external partners, including but not limited to: closing attorneys, banks and other lenders, loan officers, borrowers, loan guarantors, insurance agents, appraisers and environmental professionals.
• Ability to work expeditiously with standard policies and procedures.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Other duties as assigned, including assisting with site visits, credit workouts, underwriting and loan processing.
• Frequent travel is required for this position.
All BEFCOR employees must submit SBA Form 1081 and Fingerprint Card to SBA AND receive SBA approval prior to start of employment.
BEFCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you would like to know more about BEFCOR, please visit our website
Email resume and cover letter with job title in the subject line to Theresa Treadway at email@example.com