Financial Credit Analyst
Team member works with the New Loan Team in screening, evaluating, and processing/packaging loan applications. The Analyst interfaces frequently with the loan processors, government agencies/SBA, BEFCOR’s Loan Committee, and loan applicants. The Analyst may interface with bank partners, other resource providers and Board of Directors. The Analyst understands SBA 504 and other program rules and regulations and evaluates business financial statements and projections, business plans, personal financial statements and tax returns, and other loan application documents. Analyst may also review appraisals and environmental documents for compliance with SBA rules. The Analyst will be a team member, with the opportunity to contribute to many functions of the organization, including marketing, loan closing, loan servicing (including annual financial statement review of borrowers), and strategy.
Team member’s performance has a substantial impact on the success of the organization, including mission impact and financial goal attainment. Team member will participate in formulating and implementing policies and advising management on organizational and team matters. In addition, team member will actively participate in organizational goal-setting, including short-term and long-term objectives.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following
• Prepare credit analyses and underwriting of prospective borrowers for loan officers, loan committee, and SBA; complete thorough analysis for applicant businesses, review of industry data and comparison to applicant information, review of personal and business credit reports; proficiently evaluate liquidity ratios, debt to worth, operating cycles, and other relevant performance and trends; prepare business and global cash flow analysis.
• Support loan officers in assessing credit risk, eligibility compliance and loan quality, and assist with reviewing and analyzing new loan prospects and preparation of credit memorandums with speed and proficiency.
• Provide problem-solving support to team members in complex loan inquiries and applications.
• Review and evaluate loan applications, appraisals, environmental reports, organizational documents, and credit reports in accordance with program manuals, policies and procedures.
• Input and review loan data and financial information in BEFCOR’s loan management software.
• Participate in marketing of loan programs (this may involve attendance at community events, bank/lender presentations, preparation of marketing materials, etc.).
• Provide support for servicing of active portfolio, including annual financial review/analysis to determine ‘financial health’ of borrowers. When trends reveal financial deterioration, Analyst will engage with staff to identify resources to help the business return to financial stability.
• Engage as a team member in reaching organization goals.
• Maintain loan files in accordance with standard operating procedure (SOP) requirements and Loan Policy Manual.
• Maintain working knowledge of all company products and services.
• Mentor and train others through mastery of SOPs and Loan Policy Manual.
• Offer assistance to others when time permits.
• Other special projects and duties as deemed necessary by the Executive Director.
• Five years’ experience in small business underwriting.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance or other related field.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent customer service.
• Attention to detail and strong project management skills.
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc. and ability to proficiently use loan processing software.
• Individual accountability with minimal supervision.
• Deadline driven.
• Ability to collect and enter data in databases and maintain accurate records of valuable company information.
• Ability to work as integral member of BEFCOR’s team and externally with extended partners and participants in the loan process, including but not limited to: closing attorneys, banks and other lenders, loan officers, borrowers, loan guarantors, insurance agents, appraisers, and environmental professionals.
• Exhibit extraordinary discretion, confidentiality and flexibility.
• Minimal travel is required for this position.
All BEFCOR employees must submit SBA Form 1081 and Fingerprint Card to SBA AND receive SBA approval prior to start of employment.
BEFCOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you would like to know more about BEFCOR, please visit our website
Email resume and cover letter with position title in the subject line to Theresa Treadway at email@example.com