Senior Vice President- Business Development/Fundraising
Senior fundraising position with direct, client-facing responsibilities and a leadership role in helping grow the current fund / investment management platform.
• Drive growth in the organization’s equity AUM as a key member of the internal fund-raising team, serving in a client facing role to secure commitments utilizing existing relationships industry knowledge, and past experience, and helping to work with and develop a cohesive team of fundraising professionals, utilizing industry-best practices.
• Identify and grow the organization’s relationships with key discretionary fund investors including endowments, pension funds, insurance companies, foundations, consultants, wealth managers, family offices and high-net worth investors.
• Manage the fundraising process and information needs with multiple prospects in various stages including initial meetings, due diligence, on-site visits and final presentations to generate investment commitments.
• Work cooperatively across various division and company-wide teams to bring required resources to bear in accomplishing fundraising goals.
• Advise the senior leadership team on equity capital market conditions to ensure the organization remains responsive to trends, best-practices, and opportunities.
• Work cooperatively across the division on the development of compelling marketing materials that are concise, accurate and powerful.
• Act as a positive brand ambassador for the company living our core values of integrity, respect, timeliness, fair dealing and continuous improvement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, higher level degree preferred.
• 10 years of related experience or greater.
• Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
• Committed to continual improvement; intrigued by new trends.
• Results oriented, driven to succeed.
• Innovative and searches for better methods and new ideas.
• Flexible and adaptive.
• Seeks objectives.
• Measures performance through projects and teamwork.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, outgoing personality.
Physical demands/environmental factors:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in office setting as well as in travel settings.
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Frequently moves about to coordinate work.
• Frequently travels to meet with clients and prospects.
Critical features of this job are described under the previous headings. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors to perform other non-essential assignments and duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
TITLE: Senior Vice President, Investments
DEPARTMENT: Grubb Fund Management
REPORTS TO: CIO
MANAGEMENT HAS THE RIGHT TO REVISE THIS JOB DESCRIPTION AT ANY TIME. THE JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT A CONTRACT FOR EMPLOYMENT, AND EITHER YOU OR THE EMPLOYER MAY TERMINATE EMPLOYMENT AT ANY TIME, FOR ANY REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.