Lockers Unlimited is the expert in commercial and residential locker applications, with 30 years of experience in selling and installing lockers, shelving, and rack we feel confident in living up to our name. At LU you can expect to be apart of a legacy company with an excellent reputation in our community. We may not be changing the world with revolutionary technology but we take pride in doing one thing, very well. Join our team today for a laid back and fulfilling career.
LU is the standard for customer service in our industry. We are looking for a motivated Estimator to prepare accurate estimates for projects by gathering and analyzing important information. Your knowledge of construction layouts will help you detail cost and materials required for our scope of work. The ideal candidate will have excellent numerical skills and an analytical mindset with the ability to stay focused on details for a long period of time.
This is a great opportunity to grow with our company for detail oriented and self-motivated people, dedication to over-delivering and improving your own processes will work wonders with our company! You wont be baby sat and you will have the freedom to make mistakes and learn how to perform well. This job requires the ability to focus and pick up on the non-obvious obstacles in the construction take off process. We need someone that can foresee problems with a room layout, use math skills to read floor plans and blueprints and determine how to adjust our estimation in order to best serve the customer.
• Understand the project/program and its requirements
• Determine key variables for cost and other estimates
• Ensure that the client has provided accurate scope sheets, drawings, plans and blue prints.
• Gather information from blueprints, specifications, drawings, plans.
• Conduct research to obtain data on labor costs, materials, production times etc.
• Use software for data analysis, forecasting and budgeting
• Obtain and review offers and quotes by subcontractors or vendors
• Create and submit estimate reports or bids to appropriate persons (project managers, clients, bidding competitions etc.)
• Build relationships with key vendors (subcontractors, suppliers, engineers etc.)
• The estimator must possess general construction knowledge and continue to become a student to construction practices and procedures. When writing an estimate for repairs, the estimator needs to foresee problems our installers may face by having relevant in field experience.
Training will be provided
• Proven experience as estimator or similar position
• Familiarity with financial and project management principles
• In depth knowledge of research and data analysis methods and estimation formulas
• Math and IT ability with an analytical mindset
• Proficient in relevant software (Excel, Word, Dropbox, Salesforce)
• Outstanding communication and negotiation abilities
• Thoroughness and reliability
• Excellent organizational skills
• Experience in construction estimating, blue print reading.
• Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) will be an asset
• Using our CRM
• We use a Client Relationship Management tool to keep up with customer data and correspondence.
The estimator is responsible for entering all correspondence with the client, job progress, estimating progress, conversations related to the job, etc into our CRM daily.
• Estimators are required to update the client on a regular basis. Our communication needs to be consistent to maintain proper client relationships.
• Estimators should maintain a strong grasp on outstanding projects and keep up with when to follow up with customers.
• Related keywords: estimator, construction, construction estimator
8 hr shifts
M-F, weekends off
• Employee assistance program
• Employee discount
• Flexible schedule
• Paid time off
• Professional development assistance
• Retirement plan
Pay: $40,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year + bonus pay
Send applications directly to firstname.lastname@example.org , feel free to ask any questions you have about our company as well!