Operations Project Consultant – Claims Resolution Initiatives
Manages large projects from initiation through implementation for Claims Resolution & Recovery (CR&R) across multiple product lines impacting technology, regulatory, operations, and vendor. Directs the research of existing operations, procedures, workflow, product and service requirements. Manages the analysis of assembled data to define problems, which would include cost/benefit analysis and scope of the project. Decisions made during the project may have significant impact affecting more than project area. Works directly with senior management of the operations area to set strategic direction of the project. May be required to interact with management outside of operations area, including technology, product /support teams, and negotiation with vendors/consultants on contractual issues such as services, bids/fees and delivery timetables. Requires an in-depth knowledge of project management, the bank and overall operations environment so that project impact is well defined.
Functions supported typically have high monetary exposure and risk involving the processing of large $ volumes and regulatory restrictions. Requires a working knowledge of end to end processes since decisions have significant impact affecting multiple and diverse operations and product lines. Resolves broad operational issues and coordinates activities and processes within line of business/operations segments. Identifies, analyzes and resolves complex problems related to product lines or functions, using general practices and precedents to resolve. Develops and analyzes procedures to enhance unit and/or product-related activity. Responsible for development and presentation of business cases supporting process and technology changes. Ensures proper communication and compliance of company and regulatory policies affecting areas supported.
Required to work from the primary work location listed when not in remote operating stance.
Initially you may be required to work from home and/or remotely in this role:
• Internet Service Provider at home (no public WiFi or Internet)
• Sufficient room to set up a laptop, monitor, keyboard and mouse
• Comfortable space to work for a full shift
• Quiet, private and SECURE space in which to work
Responsible for medium – large projects for an operations department, product or business unit. Provides consulting expertise to line managers on productivity issues, analyzes market and operational impact in the business brought about by the project parameters. Researches and documents organizational reviews, workflow analysis, management and staff analysis. Develops project plans including estimates of cost and resources required. Defines project scope to others outside of operations that may become involved in or impacted by the project. Requires a thorough knowledge of the operations area.
• 3+ years of Project management experience leading projects or participating as a subject matter expert
• Experience in completing analysis on root cause and process/system issues or changes
• Customer centric approach to problem resolution
• Exceptional critical thinking with an end to end focus
• Self-starter and able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Strong ownership skills
• Must be flexible and adapt quickly to change
• Ability to prioritize work and meet established deadlines
• Excellent in Excel and PowerPoint
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must have a strong and positive work ethic and follow Bank of America’s Core Values
• Awareness of Six Sigma/Lean practices and change management preferred
• Experienced in working in a highly matrixed environment across hierarchies and levels
• Experience working with Technology teams in both Agile and Waterfall environments
• Previous Claims/Fraud experience (Reg. E, Reg. Z, NACHA)
• Strong Data understanding