The Business Analyst is responsible for leading and executing technical, analytical, and reporting efforts for the Finance Department that help drive key financial company initiatives. Supports strategic projects leveraging financial and analytic capabilities while responding to Ad Hoc financial reporting requests and answers questions from users of the financial reports. This position will serve as the primary revenue cycle analyst responsible for analyzing key revenue cycle metrics to identify areas for improvement.
• Serve as technical lead in analysis and reporting efforts that support the department in healthcare data analyses, including but not limited to, financial forecasting, costs and utilization reporting, and data modeling for financial and revenue cycle initiatives.
• A critical thinker who will engage with senior leaders to design well-constructed financial analyses derived from large datasets in support of business needs.
• Provides oversight and support for Revenue Cycle integrity and workflow processes using data analytics.
• Assists in data analysis related to proformas and mergers/acquisitions.
• Assesses financial reporting needs to Epic customers through investigations, analysis and evaluation to create desired reports. Receives and documents formal financial requests from customer including specifications (layout, calculations, data source, etc.) Evaluates financial requests for completeness and if needed works with customer to finalize request.
• Through the analysis of key performance indicator data, this position works with the CFO and Business Office Director to improve Revenue Cycle production and efficiency.
• Creates complex financial reports including analysis, design, documentation, configuration, testing, implementation and ongoing support for Epic Clarity and Chronicles reports. Uses tools such as Reporting Workbench, Crystal Reports, and Business Objects Enterprise.
• Responsible for financial reporting and analytical functions, including preparation of both financial analysis and revenue cycle monitoring tools.
• Responsible for maintaining data integrity and the ongoing quality control of delivered financial reports.
• Validate model system reports and identify advanced reporting needs with report consumers.
• Collaborate and partner with executive leadership, shareholders, and leaders within information systems, clinic operations, management, and reporting. Document main points, issues, and key decisions.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability as well as highly professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to analyze and interpret data to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
• A self-motivated individual who thrives under pressure, is able to multi-task and excels with a minimum amount of supervision.
• Ability to translate user requirements into functional & design specifications, communicate with report consumers to gather specifications, review designs, present drafts, and validate results.
• Ability to troubleshoot technical issues with reports.
• Experience organizing and running multiple projects required.
• Strong organization, analysis and problem solving skills required, with an emphasis on attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Possesses strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, written and oral.
• Demonstrates the ability to adapt to project changes related to scope, schedule, workflow, and system utilization.
• Excellent business analytical skills and general knowledge of statistics.
• Experience with Microsoft Office or similar software required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or Health Information Management preferred.
• 2 + years of Healthcare Finance experience preferred.
• Cogito Fundamentals and Cogito Revenue Data Model certifications preferred. Certification must be obtained within 3 months of hire date.
• Certifications relating to other Epic modules, software applications, technology infrastructure, and or clinical specializations are an advantage.
• Data Management and Informatics
• Complex Problem Solving
• Active Learning
• Critical Thinking
• Databases and Applications
3-6 months of on the job training. After completion of CEENTA training, Epic certification may be required. Most certifications require the trainee to submit a project and pass an exam. Staff will have 3 attempts to pass each exam.
Cogito Team Members should expect to become proficient in their application area within 6 months. Full competency is expected within 12-18 months. Analysts are also expected to be familiar with CEENTA workflows and standards within 6 months.
Our mission is to be the premier eye, ear, nose, and throat group providing comprehensive, quality, and ethical healthcare to all in the Carolinas; to provide a favorable environment for the delivery of healthcare; and to provide for the wellbeing of the physicians and the employees of Charlotte Eye Ear Nose & Throat Associates, P.A.
The Business Analyst will utilize financial data to review and analyze current business processes that identify opportunities and solutions to meet current and future business needs.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical environment of this job ranges: cubicle, shared workspaces, and remote settings. Interactions range from limited to frequent collaboration with business partners. A laptop, monitor, keyboard, mouse, and headset with microphone are required to perform the essential functions of this role.
The Business Analyst reports to the Manager of Data Analytics and BI. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Position type and hoursL
• Full-time. Standard hours of operation (and working hours): 8am-5pm, Monday-Friday. Additional evening/weekend hours may be required to complete system updates.
• Upon successful completion of a probationary period and in good standing, employee is eligible for remote work.
Physical and mental requirements:
The physical and mental demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit in front of a computer for long hours, type, and repetitively click a mouse.
Mental Demands: Employee will need to have the ability to problem solve, work under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced environment, use discretion and sensitivity, and work alone for long stretches of time.
Minimal – may travel to satellite offices as business needs arise.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. In addition to those essential functions identified above, individuals in this position are also responsible for performing other duties or tasks that may be assigned. CEENTA retains the discretion to ad or change the essential job functions of this position at any time without notice.
A typical day in the position:
This job, under moderate supervision, provides analysis and insight on financial and revenue cycle trends to the CFO and Director of Business Office. This position supports strategic projects leveraging financial and analytic capabilities while responding to Ad Hoc Reporting requests and answers questions from users of financial reports.