Director, Enrollment Management – School of Professional Studies
The Director of Enrollment Management is an innovative leader who is passionate about building a better future for individuals and communities through accessible, relevant, and innovative education and is committed to building career-long relationships with adult learners as they seek educational opportunities. This staff member is responsible for the school-wide strategy and operational excellence needed to meet enrollment and student success targets for the programs in the School. They will lead the formulation, implementation and continuous improvement of strategic initiatives, recruiting plans, enrollment and admission processes, and student experiences to yield outstanding results in terms of desired enrollment growth and student success. In partnership with Marketing and Academic Program leaders, they develop initiatives, establish metrics, and generate plans to accurately forecast enrollments and meet those forecasts with efficiency.
This position is based in Charlotte, NC
• Set the early vision and strategic direction of the student recruitment function for the School of Professional Studies that focuses on career-long relationships with learners, academic success, customer service, and operational efficiency.
• Develop, implement, manage, and assess analytically derived recruitment plans and efforts to achieve the School’s enrollment headcount and revenue goals for both degree and non-degree programs.
• In collaboration with program leaders and marketing teammates, develop comprehensive program-specific enrollment plans. Implement and assess recruitment strategies to meet/exceed the objectives of the plans. Ensure accurate forecasting of qualified students progressing through the enrollment, admissions, and registration stages.
• Lead the planning and implementation of enrollment cycles, recruitment events, self-service functionality, and other programs and initiatives to optimize applicant engagement.
• Manage and coordinate the execution of the entire recruitment process from initial contact to matriculation, with a focus on customer service and efficiency.
• Establish and maintain a consistent development and delivery of lead generation activities using both face-to-face and digital channels.
• Serve as a point of contact for the School’s partnership with external online program managers related to student recruiting and associated responsibilities.
• Assess, monitor, and evaluate enrollment performance through regular reporting. Routinely analyze and report ROI for strategies/initiatives and recruitment funnel key performance indicators. Measure and monitor conversion rates, application rates, yield, etc. and identify steps to overcome performance gaps when they occur.
• Manage all aspects of student recruitment and enrollment process, such as data management, application processing, use of recruitment databases etc. Implement operational objectives in-line with the School’s goals and objectives.
• Ensure that each program website, inquiry page and application is accurate, functional and meeting the needs of various constituents.
• Collaborate with marketing experts to assist in the development of promotion, advertising, and publications plans that effectively reach prospective adult learners (e.g., traditional media, social media, search engine optimization, brochures, event marketing, etc.).
• Manage an annual enrollment budget effectively and consistently to optimize profitability.
• Communicate effectively with a wide range of constituents about the performance and activities of our enrollment management efforts and leads by example.
• Align enrollment management strategies and processes with key university partners, including University Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Billing, Information Technology and others. Ensures compliance with Federal, State and University regulations and policies.
• Bachelor’s degree plus seven years of higher education experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Highly proficient in the use of CRM tools (i.e. Salesforce) and student enrollment technology (including self-servicing channels) to ensure data integrity, timely import of leads, proper segmentation of audiences and successful movement of leads through the enrollment funnel
• Excellent communicator, results-oriented, and able to work independently toward aggressive goals
• Working knowledge of student information systems, electronic communications, web interfaces, and computer technologies; possesses deep analytical knowledge of interpreting large, complex data to meet enrollment goals.
• Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to motivate and energize a results-oriented team required
• Evidence of entrepreneurial strength, strategic thinking, innovative attitude, strong business acumen, fiscal accountability, continuous improvement mindset, and willingness to experiment.
• Ability to function independently on complex issues.
• Understanding of compliance and regulations related to higher education, the admissions and enrollment processes.
• Master’s degree in Business, Education or a related field
• Previous experience in enrollment management, especially in working with adult learners
• Previous experience with the adult learner population
• Prior experience with strategic planning, process improvement, and guiding teams to exceed a goal
• Experience managing a CRM and online program management providers
Note to applicant:
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.