Epidemic Answers is a non-profit organization whose goal is to elucidate the connection between the environmental stressors of modern living and the increased incidence of childhood chronic health and developmental issues and examine how these chronic health conditions can be reversed (and prevented) through proven lifestyle, integrative and natural methods.
The Administrative Assistant for Epidemic Answers and The Documenting Hope Project is responsible for providing administrative support to the Executive Director, Board Members and other staff members as required. The position requires the ability to work autonomously on weekly maintenance tasks, multi-task and respond to varied support requests as they come in. This is a part-time, remote (work-from-home) position. Candidates should have a strong interest or background in natural health, holistic healing, and children’s health.
• Provide administrative and program-related support to the Epidemic Answers Executive Director, monitoring email inboxes, answering emails, phone calls, writing letters, doing mailings, general customer service tasks
• Maintain electronic filing system
• Perform data entry
• Assist with fundraising, donation and donor cultivation activities
• Processing donation receipts and thank you letters
• Assist in handling/resolving any administrative problems
• Run company’s errands to post office and office supply store
• Answer calls/emails from customers regarding their inquiries
• Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails
• Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for relevant staff, directors
• Maintain office supplies and store program materials for shipping
• Epidemic Answers maintains a robust Practitioner Directory requiring the support of the Administrative Assistant. Responsibilities include: researching, locating and interviewing physicians, dietitians and holistic practitioners or their staff and interviewing patients to gather testimonials; populating and organizing Epidemic Answers Practitioner Directory. Updating the directory as needed.
Health coach training srogram support
• Providing general support for the online training program, coaches in the database and those participating in the referral network. Tasks may include: mailings, coordinating webinars, health coach solicitation, customer service (fielding questions from users), managing the directory database, email account and more. Mailing course materials to new registrants is an essential function. This is an area of growth and may afford a qualified applicant the opportunity to grow into a new position with greater responsibilities.
Web-based administrative tasks
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) essential and familiarity with WordPress (or willingness to learn) is a plus. Willingness to learn InfusionSoft, Microsoft 365, and other software programs used by Epidemic Answers is a must.
• Have an associates or bachelors degree
• Have access to a computer and the internet (computer access can be provided if necessary)
• Have working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and WordPress (although WordPress can be taught)
• Have excellent written and communication skills
• Have excellent organizational skills
• Have ability to work autonomously with little oversight
• Knowledge of holistic health, healing or a medical background a plus
• Have a dedicated home work space to store and maintain basic company supplies
Time commitment and compensation:
This is a work-from-home part-time, hourly paid position and time commitment ranges from 5 hours a week to 15 hours a week. Hourly rate available upon request.
To learn more about Epidemic Answers and the Documenting Hope Project please see: