A lead teacher at the Charlotte Jewish Preschool is responsible for creating an environment that promotes the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical growth of the students in their classroom. They are to support and actively promote our mission which is to provide young children with a secure and loving atmosphere in which to grow, develop a positive self-image and learn the joy of Jewish Life.
The lead teacher will create and implement weekly developmentally-appropriate, engaging lesson plans. They are expected to provide strong written and verbal communications when connecting with students, colleagues, and families. The lead teacher will manage the classroom per state and sanitation guidelines, supervise, collaborate with the assistant teacher when addressing the needs of the students as well as classroom management.
• Maintain a professional self-image and project the values of CJP at all times in accordance with the Personnel Handbook
• Ensure the safety and well-being of each child by responding to their emotional, social, and physical needs, as well as their educational needs
• Use a wide variety of resources and materials to support a student-centered-inquiry based learning environment
• Use various teaching methods and materials to address multiple learning styles of diverse learners
• Create daily centers that are developmentally appropriate, purposeful, and intentional
• Exhibit enthusiasm, creative thinking, and be able to foster a sense of wonder
• Implement all aspects of the curriculum
• Carry out positive and effective behavior management techniques
• Supervise all classroom activities and daily routines
• Possess a strong work ethic (be punctual and reliable)
• Ensure children’s basic needs are met in a nurturing manner
• Create and maintain an enriched learning environment that is clean, organized, and safe for all children
• Assess students’ progress and communicate development with parents/guardians as appropriate
• Participate in occasional events that may be on nights and/or weekends
• Participate in self and assistant teacher evaluation
• Adhere to safety standards, state, and sanitation protocols
• Maintain strict confidentiality regarding personal information of all CJP families; Demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
• Participate in monthly collaborative team planning meetings, staff meetings, and professional development.
• All lead teachers shall have either (1) an Early Childhood or Elementary Education degree, or (2) their NCECC AND one year classroom experience in a child-care facility or (3) their NCECC AND a four year college degree.
• Lead teachers must be able to provide documentation of Tuberculin-free condition; pass a criminal background check;
• Povide a health statement/physical exam
• Be able to kneel, bend, squat, lift, push, pull, and carry children up to 50 pounds
• Be able to ascend and descend stairs and ramps; be able to work in a noisy environment
• Be CPR and First Aid certified or be able to obtain certification within 6 months of employment.
This is a full-time position from late July to mid-June; class times are assigned within school hours; Life insurance included; Medical, dental, and vision insurance eligible.
If you meet the above mentioned requirements and are looking for an incredible, fun, warm, and challenging place to work, please submit your resume to Alyson.Kalik@charlottejewishpreschool.org