Summer Camp Site Supervisor
Summer Camp Site Supervisor will work with the Camp Manager to oversee daily operations of Discovery Place Science and Nature Summer Camps. Site Supervisor will supervise staff and volunteers at volunteers at assigned Discovery Place site and be responsible for program operations according to Discovery Place quality standards and procedures.
Site Supervisor will provide operational support for both on-site and off-site for campers ranging from Pre-K to 8th grade.
• Supervise campers, staff, and volunteers at assigned site.
• Perform camp drop off and pick up procedures in accordance with company policies and guidelines (camp SOP)
• Communicate with camp manager on daily basis.
• Write in communication log, input attendance in teams.
• Communicate with Caregivers regarding situations with campers if they arise.
• Maintain records of attendance, health screenings, medication distribution forms and behavior forms.
• Assist with the assembly of materials to be used in teaching assignment and arranges use of audiovisual equipment or other teaching aids.
• Follows the Summer Camp Stander Operating Procedures
• Demonstrate behavior consistent with the organizational culture by valuing uncommon courtesy, teamwork, inclusion, and personal excellence.
• Assist with the evaluation of courses, basing evaluation on number and enthusiasm of persons
• Participating and recommends retaining or dropping course in future plans.
• Assist with methods for feedback from customers and evaluates customer satisfaction, making needed adjustments.
• Assist with course evaluations to determine if program objectives are being met
• Assist with training for staff and volunteers on all camp programs.
• Supervise campers during lunch and extended care, May need to occasionally cover camps.
• Handle a variety of animals, including types classified by Living Collections as Tier I, II, and III
• Monitor the museum exhibits, activities, and environment to ensure safety.
• Perform exhibit checks and either correct problems or report them to management.
• Enforce safety and other policies/procedures within the museum.
• Assist in emergency response procedures.
• Perform daily housekeeping routines for museum activities and exhibits.
• Provide detailed cleaning, sanitization, and organization of exhibits and areas, Maintain a clean and orderly work environment
Uphold the four pillars of the organization in all aspects of work:
• Science leads us.
• Integrity guides us.
• Equity drives us.
• Innovation energizes us.
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in science or education field, two years related museum or teaching experience/training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed herein are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and abilities, and seek continual improvement in each area:
• Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in all situations; Adapts language and response to audience (e.g. children, adults, etc.); Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills.
• Cost Conscious – Conserves organizational resources.
• Adaptability – Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Initiative – Volunteers readily; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
• Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Noise Level – The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
• Climate – Must be able to work outdoors for moderate amounts of time.
• Highly Occupied Space – Must be able to work in extremely crowded spaces with many people (number of guests allowed in a museum or space may vary based on dynamic circumstances related to health in the community such as pandemics or other similar situations).
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time; walk; use hands to manipulate objects, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must be able to talk and hear.
Employees of Discovery Place should uphold the mission, vision and values of the organization. We create positive change in our communities through our four core values: (1) science leads us, (2) equity drives us, (3) integrity guides us, and (4) innovation energizes us. We value the diversity of opinions and intellectual thought and encourage an environment where employees can share ideas openly.
The foregoing description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities of this job. Other duties may be assigned. This job description may be changed to include new responsibilities and tasks or change existing ones as management deems necessary.