Weekend Fitness Floor Associate
The Sandra and Leon Levine Jewish Community Center is a non-profit, social service agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values.
The Center provides and initiates diversified social, educational, recreational and cultural programs within a Jewish setting.
The JCC is a partner in serving the community, is affiliated with the JCC Association of North America and a beneficiary agency of the Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte and United Way.
Needed Immediately!! Weekend Fitness Floor Associate in the heart of Charlotte!
Are you into Health and Fitness? This is the perfect second job, or part time role! Come work with the amazing staff at the Levine Jewish Community Center!
The Fitness Floor Associate must demonstrate the ability to be open to give and receive feedback in a respectful manner, be an active and respectful listener, be encouraging and supportive of new ideas and suggestions, be a user and receiver of varied means of communication and be consistent in their delivery of service and interactions with members and colleagues. He/She must also be timely, specific & clear with expectations, and hold one-self and others accountable. These leadership qualities are expectations of the position and help the Levine JCC to maintain integrity and build a cohesive team.
The Fitness Floor Attendant is responsible for providing customer service within the Fitness Center by answering questions and providing help to members and guests as needed. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensure opening tasks are complete before Fitness Center is open for members/guests.
• Answer questions and help members/guests as needed.
• Monitor usage of the Fitness Center and address any concerns/issues that arise.
• Clean equipment, floor, mirrors, etc. within the Fitness Center as necessary.
• Ensure closing tasks are complete after the Fitness Center is closed.
• Perform work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet scheduling needs.
• To provide leadership in the delivery of customer service for the David Silverman Fitness Center and the Fitness Floor staff members, ensuring that the LJCC members and guest experience is striving for and achieving excellence.
Provide and ensure that we are providing an inviting atmosphere which allows members and guests the ability to build relationships and want to return!
This role involves Interacting with and engaging with members and guests to ensure that their experience is rewarding!
• Be visible, personable and helpful; ensuring that every member is greeted upon entry and exit to the Fitness Center.
• Supervise fitness center and gym activities, ensuring for member safety and an exceptional customer service experience.
• Maintain knowledge of and enforce fitness center rules and policies
• Respond to accidents, incidents and emergencies appropriately, calmly and professionally.
• Assist in the oversight of the Adult and Family Locker Rooms in conjunction with the Fitness Floor Supervisor, Aquatics Director and Wellness and Fitness Director. These locker rooms include the oversight of the steam rooms, saunas and whirlpools.
• Perform regular “rounds” and ensure all fitness areas ( for example, studios, upstairs track, gyms, fitness center) are in good repair, stocked properly with supplies and free of any safety concerns.
• Throughout shift, regular cleaning of fitness flor equipment including under the climb mills, front and back of equipment.
• Ensuring wipe dispensers and towel stands are stocked at all times
• Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Keep accurate records in record book regarding any equipment repair needs and communicate them to the Fitness Floor Supervisor and if necessary to the appropriate maintenance person
• Make request to the Fitness Floor Supervisor to order supplies as needed and make appropriate recommendations of needed items
• To perform other duties and assume additional responsibilities as needed under the direction of the Fitness Floor Supervisor, Senior Director of Wellness and Fitness or the Senior Leadership Staff of the LJCC.
Saturday from 11:30-7:00pm
Sunday from 6:30-11:00am
Weekdays – as needed basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.