Catawba Lands Conservancy (CLC) is a nonprofit regional land trust that protects the land, water, and wildlife resources of the Southern Piedmont and Lower Catawba River Basin. Stewardship of the CLC’s protected lands is a critical function and includes monitoring of conserved land, managing public access, protecting and enhancing conservation values. CLC is the lead agency for The Carolina Thread Trail (CTT), a regional network of greenways, trails and blueways that connect 15 counties, 2 states and 2.3 million people.
The development assistant is responsible for supporting the fundraising team. This position reports to the Development Manager and participates in all aspects of our fundraising work. We are seeking an energetic individual to be the glue for our growing development team and play a critical role as we expand the fundraising capacity of both Catawba Lands Conservancy and Carolina Thread Trail.
• Provide overall administrative support to the development office
• Accurately complete daily gift entry and check log
• Prepare and distribute donor acknowledgement letters weekly
• Assist in the preparation and execution of fundraising campaigns
• Deliver standardized fundraising reports and prepare donor lists for development team and other internal stakeholders
• Prepare fundraising presentations and reports for Board and committee meetings
• Maintain accurate donor records
• Assist with event logistics and coordination activities (timelines, invitation, ticketing and guests lists, food/beverage, photography, music, décor, permits etc.)
• Maintain sponsor lists and ensure sponsor deliverables are fulfilled
• Participate in community outreach and fundraising special events
• Process and fulfill purchases made from online store
• Provide basic administrative support to the office, such as sorting mail, answering phones, and responding to e-mail inquires
• Other duties as assigned
• “Team-over-self” personality; professional and positive attitude
• Passion for conservation
• Willingness to work with people from diverse backgrounds
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High degree of discretion
• 1-2 years of fundraising or administrative support experience
• Knowledge of donor databases (preferably Salsa)
• Experience with email marketing systems
• 4 year degree
This position is full-time (40 hours a week) with benefits including medical and dental insurance, paid time off, and Simple IRA with matched contribution. Salary range is $30,000-$35,000.
Applicants should submit 1) cover letter, 2) resume, and 3) a list of three references in a single PDF, by email to: email@example.com.
Please include “Development Assistant” in the subject line.
References will not be contacted unless you are selected for an interview.