Event Coordinators at the U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) are responsible for booking and processing all private group events at the facility and helping with the execution of all public events. Event Coordinators must fulfill the needs of all inbound group inquiries including program determination, proposal generation and execution on the day of events.
• Answer questions regarding group outings, activities, venues and catering while providing clients with guidance in order to best match our products and services with their needs.
• Communicate with clients in a polite, clear, and confident manner using a variety of mediums – email, phone, and face-to-face interaction.
• Provide detailed review of products and services purchased, requirements to participate and an overview of what to expect upon arrival at USNWC.
• Assemble group packages to ensure a pleasant and efficient check-in – create reservations using the Siriusware software system, print wrist bands, give welcome talks, and review event order details.
• Input group inquiry information for lead tracking and follow-up and develop relationships with USNWC clients to encourage repeat bookings.
• Facilitate tours of the USNWC’s activities and facilities for potential and returning clients.
• Work together with the Groups and Events Department – Event Planners, Event Supervisors, Catering staff, etc. – and the actively communicate and collaborate with all other departments to ensure the best possible experience for each group outing.
• Maintain accurate knowledge of activities, products, and services offered by the USNWC – Event Coordinators are encouraged to experience as many USNWC activities as possible to develop first-hand knowledge and be able to better accommodate our clients.
• Maintain a clean, professional and healthy appearance, and adhere to the dress code.
• Maintain availability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays with frequency as needed.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality or another related field is preferred.
• Prior experience in customer service, sales or another related area is preferred.
• Able to work well under pressure and make decisions independently.
• Outgoing, friendly, confident candidates with exceptional communication skills.
Status: Full-time, Year Round
Supervisor: Event Manager
• Facility Access
• Staff Discount Program
• Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The USNWC is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.