The Facilities Director at the Whitewater Center oversees all aspects of maintenance, repair, construction and general upkeep of the Whitewater Center facilities, grounds and support systems. This includes the administration of building systems (plumbing, mechanical, electrical, HVAC, technology/network, audio/visual), commercial kitchens and food establishments, conference spaces, offices, landscaping, water filtration, heavy equipment, vehicles, event venues, common public spaces and all supporting infrastructure. Additionally, the Facilities Director is responsible for the strategic planning of future site and infrastructure needs in coordination with the Whitewater Center management team. The Facilities Director reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Leadership of the facilities and grounds team responsible for maintenance and upkeep of the Whitewater Center’s 1,300 acre footprint.
• Coordination with the Chief Executive Officer and department directors on strategic planning and future site development.
• Project management and execution of all facility/system initiatives to support the Operations and Administrative teams.
• Supervision of all vendor and governmental relationships pertaining to the execution of infrastructure development, construction, maintenance and inspections.
• Development and execution of standard operating procedures, maintenance processes and safety considerations pertaining to Whitewater Center facilities and systems.
• 8+ years’ experience in project management, team development and leadership, engineering, business management or similar.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• General knowledge of building equipment, building codes and common facility systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Comfortable with physically demanding duties including extended presence in outdoor environments.
• Flexible availability including nights, weekends and holidays.
Full-time, Year Round
• Facility Access
• Staff Discount Program
• Health, Dental, Vision Flexible Spending Account
• Paid Time Off
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, the USNWC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. The USNWC is an employer who participates in the E-Verify program.