THIS JOB IS NO LONGER OPEN. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
We are currently looking for a CMA/RMA for our Clinical Triage role in our Clinical Team.
The Clinical Triage staff is responsible for facilitating access to care, in a timely manner, by removing the time and distance barriers between providers and patients, without compromising confidentiality, quality, or patient safety. Triage involves the delivery, management and coordination of clinical services by various forms of communications including, but not limited to – heavy Telephone live calls and Voice Mail; Tasks; Fax. Additional duties include, but not limited to, following physician’s orders or OC protocol, updating clinical notes via Allscripts (Electronic Medical Records application system) and participating in patient and family teaching based on providers diagnostic and treatment plan.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited program for achieving Certification as a Medical Assistant
- Preferably one year of clinical experience in an orthopedic physician office
Professional license or certification requirements:
- Certification from the American Association of Medical Assistants
- Current American Heart Association CPR certification
- Valid driver’s license for travel to OC meetings or other OC locations
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate effectively both by phone and in person;
- Ability to understand and follow both verbal, and written, instructions;
- Ability to read and comprehend written materials, protocols, and orders;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of providers, clinic staff, on site or other OC departments, patients and family members;
- Ability to document patient/caller interactions and clinical notes in the EMR
- Ability to perform basic Math calculations
- Ability to interpret written or oral instructions, protocols or orders;
- Ability to assess and take initiative to proceed with necessary tasks without direct supervision
- Technical Skills:
- Knowledge and skill in computer use including keyboard navigation, data entry/documentation in the EMR, creation of Triage notes and Tasking;
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook, Intranet and Internet, office equipment (photo copier, scanner, fax machine), and the Cisco phone system;
- Ability to complete competency and education requirements on an annual basis.
- Sound knowledge of medical terminology, especially as it applies to orthopedics;
- Ability to use active listening skills and communication to assess patient needs, meet patient needs, and achieve patient satisfaction;
- Ability to document all patient phone interactions appropriately in the EMR;
- Ability to learn new methods and procedures as introduced to clinical staff.
- Must be able to work independently, prioritize tasks and maintain stable, professional performance under pressure of deadlines or demanding patient interactions;
- Must remain flexible, and willing to assist at other OC locations if needed.