Digital Media Producer
Lake Forest Church-Huntersville belongs to a family of five churches, which is privileged to serve and disciple close to 3,000 people in and around north Charlotte, NC . Our mission is to love people as they discover and live out their role in God’s story. We do that as a community of skeptics, spiritual explorers and longtime followers of Jesus Christ who gather in-person and online to be transformed by God’s love and also join God in transforming the world.
The Digital Media Producer will be responsible for the creation of video content that magnifies the mission, ministries and members of Lake Forest Church through compelling storytelling to be shared in our worship services and in the digital space (social media and other online platforms).
Candidate must possess a clear understanding of LFC brand/DNA and be able to project that “voice” narratively.
• Capture and edit footage of Lake Forest Church events, including Sunday worship, children’s ministry, youth events, missional outreach and more for internal and external promotions.
• Synchronize with Communications, Worship Teams and Ministry Leaders to publish digital content to social media platforms (i.e. Instagram/Facebook Stories, YouTube, etc.). Assist with development of content calendar.
• Coordinate with Worship Team to produce various video projects/stories, including interview style projects, from concept to completion:
-Building creative, finding talent/subjects and locations, scheduling production, directing/shooting on the day, editing the project (including color and sound design), and delivering the video for desired format(s).
• Edit and upload weekly sermon and podcast audio (and any relevant video) to lakeforest.org
• Create and maintain comprehensive archive of video content to ensure content is easily accessible.
• Work with Technical Coordinator to train volunteer production team on best practices for direction shots, lighting techniques and capturing footage.
• Train LFC staff on best practices for creating and sharing digital content for their ministries.
• Form and lead “Creative Team” of MP volunteers to support Digital Media Producer.
• Great Storyteller – able to use video as a medium to creatively and meaningfully share Jesus, and what following Jesus looks like at LFC, with skeptics, spiritual explorers, and followers of Christ.
• Has a strong pulse on current media trends and create meaningful content in those spaces with minimal oversight.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; Customer service oriented.
• Bachelor’s degree in Film Studies, Digital Media or relevant field; OR equivalent work experience.
• At least two years of experience in video production, including pre-production/planning, lighting/grip, scriptwriting, storyboarding and photography basics.
• Advanced editing skills in Adobe Premiere Pro. You have intermediate skills with AfterEffects, Final Cut Pro X, Photoshop, Motion.
• Ability to efficiently capture, edit and produce video to meet deadlines.
• Strong understanding of web video formats, delivery and tools; including platforms like Insta, Twitter, Vimeo as well as live delivery like Facebook and YouTube.
• Possesses a high-level ownership of the LFC mission/vision – “Loving people as they discover and live out their role in God’s story” – and intuitively connect it to visual practices.
• Able to work both independently and collaboratively and deploy time management skills to get work done.
• Relational – seeks to build meaningful relationships with the people of Lake Forest, including Ministry Partners (members) and also staff outside the creative team.
• Can internalize the values, vision and brand character of the church and reflect that in digital media content.
• Receptive to feedback while able to lead staff/ministry leaders towards current trends and digital standards.
• Dependable; Consistently produces quality content on-time.
• Problem-Solver; Able to anticipate needs and proactively handle them.
Work environment and standards:
• Must be able to work Sundays, Easter and Christmas Eve as well as Saturdays and evenings as needed to capture content.
• Must be able to lift 30lbs regularly (video gear) and be able to stand for longer periods of time.
• Should be able to toggle between Mac and PC platforms.
• LFC staff with proven work ethic and dependability are able to work flexible hours and/or remotely as approved by their manager.
Compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time, exempt position that provides full benefits, including Medical, Life Insurance, AD&D and LTD Coverage, a retirement fund (403b) and optional Dental and Vision. Salary is competitive with national and regional comparisons.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and portfolio or web links to email@example.com.