Girls on the Run International is a national nonprofit organization dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams. We inspire girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running. Girls on the Run International is the parent organization to councils that serve 200,000+ girls a year and engage 100,000 volunteers in all 50 states.
Girls on the Run believes that all girls and communities should have access to our programs. We warmly welcome the participation of any child who identifies as “girl”, non-binary, or gender expansive in our programs. We strive to eliminate barriers to participation, to create programming that engages all communities, to be intentional about staff and volunteer diversity and to promote a culture of inclusion across the organization.
Reporting directly to the Director of Digital Marketing and eCommerce and consistent with the mission of Girls on the Run International, the Merchandise Coordinator will support the organization’s merchandise strategy through the development and execution of various merchandise programs designed to strengthen the brand and generate revenue. Merchandise programs include, but are not limited to, the Girls on the Run branded online store, Girls on the Run 5K merchandise program, internal apparel and specialty product bulk orders, curriculum and program materials, program and 5K shirts, and medals.
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Merchandise program logistics
• Manage ordering process including placing orders with vendors, ensuring timely processing, coordinating approved returns, maintaining accurate order records, and fulfilling orders for items kept on-hand.
• Provide timely and professional customer service to Girls on the Run councils about order status and approval requests. Ensure council compliance with national merchandise policies.
• Serve as the primary account manager with all merchandise vendors, ensuring that contracts are current, reporting is timely and accurate and there is appropriate inventory on hand to fulfill orders.
• Monitor inventory levels and work closely with the Finance team to make recommendations for seasonal ordering and pricing. Maintain an accurate inventory list of products kept at the GOTR storage facility, warehouse facility, with vendors, and other locations.
• Compile monthly reporting on determined metrics, analyzing the data to provide recommendations for improvement and to ensure strong financial results.
• Work closely with the Finance team to accept customer deposits and ensure timely and accurate invoicing.
Product development and promotion
• Develop and manage the licensed GOTR product line with preferred vendors for GOTRShop.com, 5K merchandise program, and bulk orders. Work collaboratively with the Marketing team on the selection of items and creative development.
• Make data-informed decisions regarding GOTRshop.com sales and marketing promotions. Analyze sales data and marketing analytics to develop and execute promotional strategies to drive sales and to recommend markdowns, closeouts and discontinuation of products.
• Source items for merchandise programs, special events, and fundraising incentives, working within set budgets and timelines.
• Collaborate on GOTRshop.com design and user experience decisions to offer an engaging and high converting site experience.
• Nurture and support a caring, results-oriented culture that embraces personal responsibility, performance and quality.
• Exemplify the Girls on the Run core values with others to advance the organization’s mission.
• Utilize the opportunities and responsibilities of this role to further Girls on the Run’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access.
• Develop positive and productive relationships with council directors, volunteers, board members, community members and staff.
• Any other duties deemed necessary by the Director of Digital Marketing and eCommerce.
• 2+ years’ experience in eCommerce or with a multi-channel retailer.
• Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines.
• A service/support-oriented attitude.
• Excellent analytical skills, experience in using data to find business opportunities and drive sales. Proficient in Excel.
• High attention to detail.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to collaborate and work on tasks individually in a remote environment as well as in office.
• Shopify experience is a plus!
Compensation and benefits:
This is a non-exempt, full time position offering a compensation range of $15-$17 hourly, depending on experience. Girls on the Run offers a generous PTO plan, a benefits package including company subsidized medical and dental, vision coverage, life insurance and paid medical leave as well as a 401k plan with employer match. This position is 40 hours per week and is currently remote with in-person tasks required. Applicants must currently live in or have plans to relocate to Charlotte or surrounding areas.