THIS JOB IS NO LONGER OPEN. SEARCH OPEN JOBS HERE.
We’re looking for an experienced copy editor. Someone with strong editing skills and an acute attention to detail. Someone who omits needless words and removes superfluous sentences. A person who knows the rules of grammar, and more importantly, knows when to break them.
As a Copy Editor, you’ll work with a team of writers in a non-managerial position. You’ll edit copy, provide feedback, and serve as the guardian of brand standards. Experience with writing and editing transactional, customer-facing copy is preferred, as is an understanding of SEO and web copywriting best practices. Strong organization and critical thinking skills are a must.
- Strong editing and writing skills
- At least 3 to 5 years of editing experience
- Experience copyediting transactional, customer-facing copy preferred
- Strong attention to detail with well-developed organizational skills
- Working knowledge of AP writing style—SEO knowledge a plus
- Strong personal drive with the ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to provide constructive feedback
- Experience in learning and utilizing new software
- Strong portfolio of work
- Work-hard, play-hard mentality
- Highly efficient work habits (you get a lot done, fast).
- Flexible team player
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Sense of humor. You’re down with clever wordplay and the occasional pun.