Office Operations Coordinator/Receptionist
Little, nationally recognized as a “Best Firm to Work For”, is seeking an Office Operations Coordinator / Receptionist with a positive, collaborative work style in our Charlotte, NC office.
This is a position that is important to the experience of both employees and visitors to our office and is an ideal role for individuals who thrive on details and take ownership over providing a high level of customer service.
While Little has been well equipped to work from home during the global pandemic, it is expected that once we repopulate our offices that this role will be in the office 100% of the time.
• Serve as the receptionist and provide front desk coverage when the primary receptionist is at lunch and on breaks
• Assist with the day-to-day operations of the office and troubleshoot issues, including activating and replacing access cards, submitting work orders, interfacing with building management, communicating with the parking deck, etc.
• Maintain and organize conference rooms, shared spaces, and breakrooms
• Assist with coordinating meetings and small events, including set up and clean up afterwards
• Provide administrative support to Corporate Services Teams as directed
• Serve as a back-up receptionist when the primary receptionist is out of the office
• Serve as back-up to Central Services, including helping with mail/package delivery, plotting & printing assistance, and supplies replenishment
• Assist with equipment checkout
• Learn conference room AV systems and assist with set up as needed
• Procure office supplies as directed
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills, both orally and in written form
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and to shift gears quickly when needed
• Ability to solve problems creatively and with a strong sense of urgency
• Self-motivated, resourceful, and has a high level of personal responsibility and initiative
• Ability to anticipate needs ahead of time and plan several steps ahead
• Enjoys planning small events and making sure guests are welcomed and provided with refreshments and other support
Approach to work:
• Strong mindset of customer service
• Team player – highly reliable, collaborative, strong work-ethic and willingness to respond positively to feedback
• Takes ownership of and has great pride in the “behind the scenes” of the office and ensuring the physical space is organized, clean, and well maintained
• Has a strong spirit of flexibility knowing that each day at the office may look different
• Willingness to ask questions
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree, or 3 years of administrative experience
• Experience working in the design field or an interest in the work of the firm
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and internet savvy
• Experience with phone systems, video conferencing, mailing and room reservation systems
Our culture is energetic, curious, collaborative and open. We value people who are fun to work with and who have a positive impact on those around them. We are proud to offer outstanding benefits, compensation, and growth opportunities. We are committed to creating a better world through sustainable, resilient & regenerative design and we welcome people with similar experience and/or passions. To learn more about Little, please visit us at www.littleonline.com.
Want to know what’s it’s like to work in Little’s Charlotte office? Here’s a Peek Inside Little-Charlotte https://vimeo.com/237620407
Little is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, Little prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Little is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact email@example.com or a member of our HR Team.