Lower School Instructor, First Grade
Charlotte Country Day School, an independent coeducational day school located in Charlotte, NC, is currently recruiting for a Lower School First Grade Instructor.
The Lower School Instructor’s primary responsibility is in the classroom as he/she works to meet individual student and family needs. The working relationship between the lead teacher, assistant teacher and the school families is critical for the success of the students; therefore, open, honest communication is required.
• Implement small and whole group instruction in math, social studies, language arts and social-emotional learning
• Assess and report on student learning, including ongoing assessments, report cards and conferences
• Build strong partnerships with families and communicate regularly about student learning and classroom events through Seesaw and other forums
• Communicate with and support the admissions team
• Collaborate and communicate with the assistant teacher to support student learning
• Serve on a curriculum team
• Attend all faculty and grade level meetings.
• Fulfill all SAIS requirements for continued employment. (As stated in the Country Day Employee Handbook)
• Attend all required after school events as stated in the Lower School Handbook
• Commitment to innovative forward-thinking pedagogy
• Monitor children to provide for their safety at all times
• Perform carpool duties as assigned for your particular role
• Support assistant teacher with information for classroom instruction and duties
• Interact and respond to parents and faculty regarding phone calls and emails as appropriate
• Prepare for daily instruction
• Early Childhood or Elementary education degree and experience preferred
• Comfortable with technology as a teaching and learning tool
• Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion work
• Passion for children and an understanding of child development
• Strong communication and time management skills
• May work at a desk and computer for extended period of time
• May have extended times of standing and or walking around campus
• Work primarily in a traditional climate controlled classroom environment
• Work intermittently in outside weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold
It is the policy of Charlotte Country Day School not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. This policy extends to recruitment, employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination, compensation, training, benefits and all other terms and conditions of employment.