Marketing Strategist (Video, Social, Engagement)
Lumaverse Technologies helps nonprofits and schools build active communities—our solutions make it easier for members, volunteers, donors, event attendees, and parents to get involved and stay informed. Anchored by SignUpGenius, America’s #1 sign up app, Lumaverse touched over 130M customers in 2019 in our mission to build group technology solutions that light the way to increased engagement, data-driven insights, and streamlined group management.
When you work with Lumaverse, you’re signing up to build and ship with an agile team of people who like to get things done, simply and at a huge scale. You’ll also be part of a company that is a perennial winner of the Best Places to Work Award due to a creative, fun and caring culture.
Lumaverse is in search of a social media and video-focused marketer to round out its team of strategists, writers, and designers. And while we know most marketers are natural writers and communicators, we’re also specifically looking for a multi-talented marketer whose superpower is making quick, compelling videos out of tense, tech-heavy material. We’re talking 30 second how-to videos, must-watch interviews, in-depth case studies—and we welcome your ideas about how other video ideas can help accelerate our business. The goal: to connect with our customers in deeper and more meaningful ways. If this sounds like the challenge you’re up for – we want to hear from you!
• Create and implement a digital strategy with compelling content across our social media accounts; maintain a social media calendar.
• Deeply understand the Lumaverse narrative, our suite of products, and what it takes to bring them to life through multi-media on a variety of platforms.
• Capture and edit short form videos for use on website and owned properties. Primary examples include how-to videos about SaaS products, interviews of clients and industry experts.
• Experience starting a video content creation program at an early-stage startup (on a budget) is a huge plus.
• Write supporting short form content for videos (interview questions, video scripts, video summaries, social media posts).
• Create effective and engaging social media campaigns centered around video content (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Update site and social media content as needed (web pages, social media posts, materials for partner websites or media/press distribution).
• Monitor brand mentions and online engagement.
• Be an early adopter of social media trends and technology.
• Develop ad strategies and define the most important social media and video KPIs.
• Run competitor analysis and monthly reporting for all social media platforms.
• Coordinate both on-site and social media contests, including working with third party contesting apps and sponsors, and well as collaborating with front-end developer and UI/UX team.
• Develop promotional rollout and campaigns for contests.
• Communicate with contest winners, partners and vendors in a timely, professional manner.
• Organize and negotiate partnerships and sponsorships with relevant influencers and industry leaders.
• Assist in writing or editing other marketing materials as needed.
• Work with a graphic designer to create visuals needed for videos and related campaigns.
• Interact with marketing team to strategize additional ways to provide Lumaverse customers and prospects with a phenomenal experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Creative Writing or Marketing
• Minimum of two years in a marketing or related position
• Experience with video and editing software
• Photoshop and Adobe Suite preferred
• Strong communication skills
• Enjoys working with others to solve problems
• Ability to work under pressure and prioritize multiple projects
• Learns quickly
• Enjoys working with technology
• Experience in the school, non-profit, volunteer, and/or church ministry fields
• Strong understanding of the volunteer organizational needs of parents with school-aged children
• Effective time management skills
• Self-motivated and able to handle responsibilities without consistent oversight
• Ability to work successfully in a team environment, remote or in person
• A positive, flexible, can-do attitude
Terms of employment:
• Full time
• Salary: DOE
• Location: Charlotte, NC; remote work possible
• Start Date: Immediately
• Benefits: group health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), 401(k) matching, life insurance, disability, 8 holidays, unlimited PTO, employee-centric giving program, end-of-year bonus, professional development, employee diversity program, and more.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF format to: firstname.lastname@example.org