Manager Content Strategy
Lowe’s Companies, Inc. (NYSE: LOW) is a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company serving approximately 18 million customers a week in the United States and Canada. With fiscal year 2019 sales of $72.1 billion, Lowe’s and its related businesses operate or service more than 2,200 home improvement and hardware stores and employ approximately 300,000 associates. Based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s supports its hometown Charlotte region and all communities it serves through programs focused on creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
As a FORTUNE® 50 home improvement company, Lowe’s is committed to creating safe, affordable housing and helping to develop the next generation of skilled trade experts through nonprofit partnerships. Across every community we serve, Lowe’s associates donate their time and expertise through the Lowe’s Heroes volunteer program. For the latest news, visit Newsroom.Lowes.com or follow @LowesMedia on Twitter. #LI-81GLAW
Looking for a fast paced environment where you can drive change and positive experiences for customers? Do you enjoy testing and developing strategies based off of data while leading a team? Then this is the role for you!
The manager of Content Strategy within category experience will be responsible for leading a team, guiding content strategy and analysis, while driving change for several high priority categories to optimize the customer experience on Lowes.com. Passion for improvement and ability to self-start is a must while driving a best in class strategy for content.
The manager needs to be able to tactically analyze customer engagement and preference for content in their purchase path while also being able to strategically lead an overarching content strategy for the team. S/he leads a team of direct reports and is responsible for inspiring, managing, and developing team members.
•Develop and execute the content strategy to optimize consumer awareness, engagement, conversion, and retention at each stage of their journey
•Create a strategy and data driven plan for integrating relevant content into list pages leveraging product/project/category specific automated algorithm in partnership with the Lowe’s technology team
•Examine category merchandising strategies of key competitors and best-in-class online retailers to understand emerging technology and retail trends and identify gaps in Lowes.com product content, site functionality and merchandising tactics.
•Guide content deliverables across a purchase path based on data to drive conversion
•Creates insight based action plans to solve identified opportunity areas
•Evaluate content standards & customer engagement/sales data to outline level of content needed for a customer for each subdivision.
•Creates and updates content standards for product categories to showcase best in class content requirements for Lowe’s vendors
•Partners with other stakeholders to implement content testing plans to further optimize product categories for the Lowe’s customer shopping experience.
• Drive accountability across partners to deliver initiatives on-time and in-scope.
• Maintains and inspires a highly skilled and engaged team with a focus on clear and consistent communication around company objectives, responsibilities and expectations.
• Fosters collaboration with team members and cross-functional partners to drive alignment in priorities and execute improvements to the customer experience.
• Hires, trains, and develops the talent necessary to achieve stated objectives while providing meaningful development opportunities for individuals in preparation for succession planning.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, finance, or related field (or equivalent work experience in related field)
• 4+ years’ experience in brand or product management, online, digital
• 3+ years’ retail experience
• 1+ year(s) experience leading a team
• Proven results in most or all of the following areas: CI, CRM, customer experience, product content optimization, product management, financial analysis, Adobe Analytics & Workspace)
• Strong numeric and advanced analytics aptitude
• Experience in Merchandising, Marketing, Finance, or related field
• Basic technical aptitude with web-based tools and advanced proficiency of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and lead high performing teams
• Proven ability in driving an online business performance
• Ability to solve complex problems
• Strong interpersonal, motivational, and communication skills (speaking, writing, presenting)
• Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
• Ability to think both strategically and tactically with good attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
• Master’s degree, MBA, or related field
• Experience with InDesign
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.