Mia Chang saw lots of Charlotteans drive up to her Concord bakery OMG Donuts, so she thought, why not come to them?
OMG Donuts‘ second location is now open off of Monroe Road in east Charlotte.
The big picture: Chang wanted to be a part of the growing MoRa community of small business owners popping up in the Meridian Place development on Old Post Road — near the Idlewild Road intersection and East Meck High.
- The donut shop is neighbors with Edge City Brewing and Hawthorne’s Pizza.
What to expect: OMG Donuts combines its existing donut offerings with a full coffee bar and an ice cream station.
- Popular donuts include classic glazed, maple bacon and apple fritters.
- “There’s not a day-old donut ever,” Chang tells me. The yeast-raised donuts are all made by hand.
- From OMG’s custom filling station, guests can also choose a “fillable” donut and select whatever filling they’d like from strawberry to vanilla cream.
Related Axios guide: Top 11 donut spots in Charlotte, and what to order at each
Background: Chang opened OMG with her husband Alex Kim in August 2017. In four years, the shop has become a local favorite. Even though it’s in Concord, we at Axios Charlotte have often claimed it as Charlotte’s own in our best donut guide because the donuts are that good.
Location: 6209 Old Post Rd., Ste. 108.
Hours: OMG Donuts in MoRa will open at 6:30am-5:30pm on Tuesday through Sunday.
- And yes, that means that Chang arrives at the shop most days by 3am — sometimes even as early as midnight. “We take it seriously,” she says. “When the second shop opens, we’re Team No Sleep.”