Assistant Project Manager – Marketing Research
AOC Marketing Research, a consumer opinion research company in Charlotte, is currently looking for an Assistant Project Manager to support the Director of Operations with the management of facility operations, project activities, and marketing initiatives.
As a team member of a small business, the Assistant Project Manager will be involved with a wide variety of tasks. They will assist with project setup and administrative tasks and schedule participants for research studies. They will support clients and participants during various research studies including focus groups, taste tests, product tests, and other research studies. They will also assist with the development and execution of the company’s marketing initiatives and functions, including email campaigns, social media postings and profiles, brochures, website updates, etc.
The Assistant Project Manager will actively participate in internal meetings and share strategic recommendations that will add value to the organization. They will support and recognize the efforts of all team members and share learnings that will make staff more successful and productive. They will actively seek and embrace feedback to identify opportunities and efficiencies.
This is a full-time exempt position. Workdays are 8 hours with flexible shifts between 8:30am and 5:30pm. When involved with research studies, early morning and late evening hours are required with shifts starting as early as 6:00am and ending as late as 11:00pm. Studies are typically Mondays through Thursdays and frequency varies depending on project load.
• Customer-focused, dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
• Demonstrates effective planning, organization, and time management skills. Actively seeks ways to reduce time spent on tasks and seeks efficiencies to streamline work and maximize productivity.
• Shows attention to detail with solid decision making, judgement & critical thinking. Utilizes experience to recommend solutions or initiatives.
• Is full of energy for challenging activities. Flexible and enjoys tackling unfamiliar tasks. Maintains composure under pressure with a positive and encouraging approach.
• Demonstrates integrity and trust, and actively invested in growth and development of oneself and company.
• Consistently conveys a positive and friendly attitude and professional image of the company.
• Flexible to work long hours when required, willing to “roll up sleeves”.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience/education
• 1+ years marketing, project management or administrative experience (Preferred)
• Strong competency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
Compensation and benefits:
Salary Range: $35,000-$40,000, depending on experience
Benefits: Flexible work schedule with comp time for extra hours worked, 3 weeks of vacation and 10 paid holidays, simple IRA available with 3% company match