Sr. Encompass Administrator
Wyndham Capital Mortgage’s corporate culture empowers our employees. We strive to facilitate a greater sense of purpose in our jobs and lives. Your involvement will translate directly to continuous technological innovation and transformation in our systems and processes. We also believe in a deeply rooted culture based on caring for our employees in ways that will empower them to care for each other and our customers. We have won several awards for innovation and commitment to technology. Wyndham Capital Mortgage, founded in 2001, is a Direct to Consumer Lender, active in 47+ States and has more than 550 employees in Charlotte, Kansas City, Phoenix and Salt Lake City. Our goal is to be at 1,000 employees by the end of 2021. Be a part of our journey.
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Wyndham Capital Mortgage is actively recruiting to hire an Sr. Encompass Administrator. This role is integral to the success of our LOS ecosystem. The Encompass Administrator will report directly to the Application Development Manager, and will work closely with all internal stakeholders revolving around the LOS including: Operations team, Compliance, Software Development, Project Management, Loan Officers, etc.
• Primary Interface between Company and Ellie Mae
• Maintain and audit user access and security
• Review and Maintain Policies & Procedures for Information Security and Disaster Recovery
• Integration with other key Compliance Management System Policies
• Maintain key reporting and development standards
• System Management
• Internal Encompass requests within SLA
• Monitor system performance and advisories
• Users Training for Optimization and efficiency
• Lead the process for creating new Encompass functions/capabilities including:
• Making recommendations on system changes and optimizations
• Reviewing business requirement documents and proposing solutions
• Perform system analysis to determine the impact of proposed solutions
• Management of Functional requirements
• Document business cases for functional requirements of system.
• Written support for change requests,
• Develop, manage and index training documents
• Change management
• Design, document, configure, test, and deploy approved Change Requests and Enhancements
• Create workflows, input forms, custom fields, documents
• Collaborate with internal constituencies for continuous improvement.
• Maintain users, roles, profiles, security settings, and loan setup settings
• Review upcoming Encompass changes and impacts to the system
• Create and maintain business rules, including advanced coding as necessary
• Integrate 3rd party vendors and services
• 3+ years Ellie Mae Administration experience
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• In-depth understanding of the mortgage industry and loan origination life cycle
• Skilled in configuring Milestones and Personas, building Input forms, reports, dashboards, views and advanced coding of business rules
• Familiarity with Pricing engine integrations and Ellie Mae Next-Gen
• Conceptual familiarity with Encompass Partner Connect APIs is required
• Ability to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
• Proven ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize
• Clear, concise, and professional written and verbal communication
• Strong problem-solving and analytical ability with business process and procedures
• Demonstrated success in a fast-paced, high-stakes environment is required
• Aptitude for maintaining professional relationships with co-workers is required
• Strong organization and analytical skills, along with the ability to work well under pressure
• Ability to manage priorities and workflow
• A team player with versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
• Strives to provide +1 Service to ensure success, to both internal teams and external clients
• Has the upmost integrity, period.
• Is naturally curious – you enjoy seeking out and applying new things in your job
• Knows how to make smart, informed decisions
• Has passion for your job and positive energy that is infectious!
• Cares about your work and performance, and you want to provide impact across the organization
• At times, can be innovative and not afraid to bring big thinking and ideas to the table
• Is able to deliver influential communication to others
• You take your work seriously, but not yourself. You like to have fun at work!
• Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Assistance Programs
• Pre-tax health spending account (HSA)
• 401(k) plan (with company match)
• Company provided life insurance
• Pet Insurance
• 8 hours of Volunteer Time Off
• Employee discounts (fitness, phone)
• Wellness events